Philips +60's Halogen Bulbs

harro

Enlightened
Hi,
I'm about to replace the low and high beam bulbs in my dad's '01 Subaru Outback ( 2 x H7 low, 2 x H1U hi ). The poly lens' are still clear and craze free, although undoubtedly not as good as new. They come up very clear with a good silicone polish, and the vehicle is always garaged when not used. My question is, as a slightly better replacement than OE bulbs, will the Philips +60's fit the bill? I am leaning to Philips simply because of the excellent run I have had out of their XtremeVision +100's in H7 and H4 versions, but I would not be opposed to a set of equivalent Osrams or Narva's if anyone thinks they are a better bulb.
Cheers and thanks.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Why not use the Philips +100 or +130 or the Osram +110 or the GE/Tungsram +120 H7s?
(Also, the high beam is an H1, there's no such bulb as "H1U". The "U" just means the bulb glass blocks UV light.)

harro

Enlightened
Why not use the Philips +100 or +130 or the Osram +110 or the GE/Tungsram +120 H7s?
(Also, the high beam is an H1, there's no such bulb as "H1U". The "U" just means the bulb glass blocks UV light.)

Thanks for the info. I had heard of H1. I didn't realise that the 'U' stood for that ( we learn every day ). Now to talk Dad into a few more dollars for a good upgrade bulb.
While I have your attention Virgil, or Alaric, would you be able to enlighten me on the +'s and -'s of these bulbs, and whether they are a worthwhile step over the XtremeVision 100's and 130's. Many thanks again.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/store/category/philips-racingvision

:grin2:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I have your attention Virgil, or Alaric, would you be able to enlighten me on the +'s and -'s of these bulbs, and whether they are a worthwhile step over the XtremeVision 100's and 130's.

+ : Better beam focus meaning more light where you need it and less light in the glare zone. Higher filament luminance giving more beam punch. Better lumen maintenance throughout bulb life.

- : Shorter bulb life.

Last edited: