Replacement For Surefire Backup E1B 110 Lumes

WilliamMunny

Newly Enlightened
I have an older Surefire Backup E1B rates at 110 lumes. It uses a single CR123. It now seems a few years later 110 lumes is not much and my Felix AA keychain light is almost as bright. Is there a good replacement out there for $50 or so? I see a lot of lights using 2 x CR123 or a 18650 Cell putting out 600-1000 lumes. I will need to wear it on a belt, use it "tactically", and have a rear push on off. Let me know where I should start looking or just keep what I have if it still decent. Thanks.

WilliamMunny

Newly Enlightened
As an example I saw a Convoy S3 XM L2 U2 for only $20 but claims 1100 lumes. How is this vs my old 110 lumes Surefire and if $20 gets me the Convoy what would $50 get me? This will be used in dark houses and it needs a long throw for fields over night. Thanks again.

WilliamMunny

Newly Enlightened
Saw the Atactical A1S was a solid light for $30 that fits my needs. Any reason to buy the Thrunite TC12 $85 or the Fenix PD35TAC $85 over the Atactical?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I'm sure many here will tell you: "The lumens race is a fools race". In actual, practical use you probably will never need more than ~300 lumens. I would suggest buying a quality flashlight above all else. If you just go to eBay, for example, you will find many flashlights with grossly liberal lumen estimates. That being said, the Convoy you referenced has a good reputation as a budget light and I'm sure many would be happy to recommend it or lend their input.

WilliamMunny

Newly Enlightened
As I'm sure many here will tell you: "The lumens race is a fools race". In actual, practical use you probably will never need more than ~300 lumens. I would suggest buying a quality flashlight above all else. If you just go to eBay, for example, you will find many flashlights with grossly liberal lumen estimates. That being said, the Convoy you referenced has a good reputation as a budget light and I'm sure many would be happy to recommend it or lend their input.

Is there such thing as a mid grade light? Something around $50 that is a step above a budget light but not hitting the $100+ Surefire?

i saw a ton of good reviews for the Atactical A1S I mentioned a vice for only$30. Is it worth spending $50-$60 for something better or are you just the name?

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I always like to mention PflexPro in that 50-60 $ range. He uses Convoy hosts and beefs up the light engine. Check them out.