• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Engine swap?

dbwebbsr

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible? I know optic lenses can be, but how about the pills?

I couldn't decide which one I wanted, so I bought an amber 70 patina & a red 35 satin; I'd really prefer the amber LED In the 35 so I can sell off the red 70...

Anyone??

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I couldn't decide which one I wanted, so I bought an amber 70 patina & a red 35 satin; I'd really prefer the amber LED In the 35 so I can sell off the red 70...

Anyone??

B.O.S.S. does not have a removable pill, it is integrated into the head. outside of selling them both and getting an amber 35, you could polish them both, then just swap heads, but I think you'd be better off selling the 70 Patina on secondary market.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, boards are replaceable but not as easily as removing a pill/engine as is possible in other lights.

Ah, I see. Wondering if we'll have to send the light in to replace the boards for future upgrades. Thanks for that info!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Yes, boards are replaceable but not as easily as removing a pill/engine as is possible in other lights.

Correct. Once the optic is removed, the only things holding the board in are thermal paste and two wires. But its not indented to be 'user removable' and can be easily damaged during the process. Swaps involve two removals and two installs, increasing the risk 4x. Much easier to sell the head/light and buy the one you want.

Ah, I see. Wondering if we'll have to send the light in to replace the boards for future upgrades. Thanks for that info!

We're still planning this out. It will be years before new hardware is needed. But new software / firmware may be available before then. If so, this could be installed with connection to the pins (no board removal).