Tell me about armytek wizard pro v2 xm-l2

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
First bit if advice is wait for it to be on their deal of the day list. The light has been about every three weeks or so.
I have a few Wizards but I do not have that CRI one. I have had good luck with quality. If you have a problem, that dealer is very helpful.
There is a blinking led under the button. It seems too bright sometimes. It can be turned on and off.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought one with liquid (water, acid, pee, sweat?) damage just for the heck of it. I used contact cleaner to scrub the circuit board and I noticed the same color stain outside the light, so it seeped thru. After cleaning I aired it out and stuck a battery I didn't mind sacrificing into it and it worked! The light was worn from use, with nicks and dings yet it's still going strong. Now I have one "warm" & one "white".

Yes I liked the first one so much I got another. I've used them daily on high mostly with no problems and wouldn't hesitate to buy again

gunga

Flashaholic
I've have the wizard (non pro) and had the pro tiaras.

Tint is very warm (3000k) but quite pleasant. UI is quite good. Flexible.

The blinking light (under the button) is too bright. It goes off after a few blinks in moonlight. Generally cannot be turned off in other modes (even though the instructions say otherwise). This may be only the tiara though.

Mode selection is good.
The anodizing is matte, seems fairly durable and grippy but I find it too chalky. It picks up dust and grease.

Overall pretty good. Worth a shot. I have not had long term experience yet though.

Note: $110 is way overpriced for that model.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Thread moved to headlamps with redirect left in LED flashlights for 1 day. I do have several Wizards and like them though actually prefer the standard model over the Pro.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
What's wrong with the pro?

They're both good however I honestly don't care for the flashing switch light of the pro. It's sometimes useful when locked on to find my headlamp in a dark tent or pack but it can be more annoying than useful. The UI is more complex with the pro and my simplistic nature believes the more complex something is the greater the chance something can go wrong. Also at 45 bucks the standard version is one of the best values. That said I own both and like um.

desmobob

Enlightened
I was a Zebralight headlamp fan until I bought my first Armytek. I bought the Tiara Pro and loved it so much I immediately bought the Wizard Pro. Now it's very difficult to decide which I like best; Armytek or Zebralight. As for the blinking switch LED, I loved it at first, then was annoyed with it, then forgot to be annoyed any longer. I think it's neat in that it blinks out the current battery state of charge.

I have four Armytek lights and have never had a problem with any of them. I really like the matte finish of their anodizing and the lights are much easier to grip than most lights with traditional anodizing and knurling or other texturing added. They seem to have the toughest, most solid build of any of the various brands of lights I own. I think you would enjoy the Armytek Wizard Pro.

Take it easy,
Bob

Nichia!

Banned
I have Already placed an order and am waiting for it to arrive :)
This is definitely not my last armytek light..
I bought it because of 2 things..
1. the Hi Cri.
2.I love the blinking LEDs under the switch it's very useful.

Nichia!

Banned
Thank you guys for sharing your experience with these awesome headlamps