• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

S1R issue - doesn't always turn on?

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes I have to unscrew and screw the tail cap back on for my S1R to work. This happens about 1 and 10 times. Anyone else have this issue or a solution? This happens on a fully charged battery. Several emails to olight have gone unanswered. Thanks

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
1. Maybe it's the tailcap retaining ring coming loose and not making contact sometimes. Try tightening it.
2. Maybe it's the Olight IMR ORB-163C05 battery, try a different/new battery, however, if the problem persist, go to (1) - Tailcap issue.
3. If you use the Turbo mode often, make sure whatever battery (including Olight's own IMR battery) is capable of supplying the required power, else, the unit will not switch on.
4. If none of the above solve your problem, contact your reseller to get a warranty replacement since it comes with 5 years warranty period.

I'm not sure whether yours is S1R or S1R Turbo S, the battery in my S1R had an early retirement, while the battery from S1R Turbo S seems more resilient. I also had 2 tailcaps needing replacement. :shrug:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Some flashlights lock out with the slightest amount of untwisting of the tail cap.
Try tightening it next time. If that is the case you can get it to stay tight better with thread tape on the threads.

I've had to do that with a number of flashlights.

Mojer

Newly Enlightened
After trying some of the above fixes, I think that I have a defective light. Problem is that I cannot get olight to return my emails to see how to handle this. I am guessing if I can get in touch with them they will tell me to send my light in for repair or replacement. That brings about a second problem. I am a police detective and need to have this with me at work even if it fails me 1 out of 10 times. I cannot afford to simply send it away for a month or two while they decide if they should fix this or send me a new one. The light is only about eight months old.