Review: ZanFlare F2S NW (EDC - 2xAA - XP-G2 - Battery indicator)

Budda

Enlightened
Due to severe time limitations, this review is published with a reduced amount of writing, pics, data.

I received the F2S from ZanFlare for the review.
The F2S is a 2xAA Flashlight with simple interface, and an XP-G2 powered by 2xAA batteries. It is available both in NW and CW (6500-7000K / 4500-5000K). I got the NW sample.

The F2S comes in this box
ZanFlare_F2S_01.jpg

ZanFlare_F2S_02.jpg

Manual, Light, clip, spare lanyard, o-rings.
ZanFlare_F2S_03.jpg

The F2S, I got the NW sample. On the body there is classical ZanFlare spiral knurling; beside that, the light is quite smooth and with an overall size similar to other lights in this segment (2,7x15,5 cm). The head has a squared section so it will provide some anti-roll effect.
ZanFlare_F2S_04.jpg

ZanFlare_F2S_05.jpg

ZanFlare_F2S_07.jpg

Here with a couple of Eneloop PRO cells, perhaps the best way to feed the F2S.
ZanFlare_F2S_09.jpg

The tailcap is U shaped, with the rubber switch cover protruding so much that doesn't allow tailstand. It has 2 lanyard holes.
ZanFlare_F2S_06.jpg

The threads at the tailcap (only part of the light you can disassemble with bare hands) are well lubed and anodized, so physical lockout is possible.
ZanFlare_F2S_08.jpg

On the side of the head there's this multicolored LED that works as battery gauge.
ZanFlare_F2S_18.jpg

Smooth reflector with an XP-G2 NW in it.
ZanFlare_F2S_19.jpg

Beamshots, 0.5 meters from the wall.
The tint is pleasantly warm to my eyes, and the small emitter gives a rather focused beam.
ZanFlare_F2S_10.jpg

ZanFlare_F2S_11.jpg

ZanFlare_F2S_12.jpg

ZanFlare_F2S_13.jpg

ZanFlare_F2S_14.jpg

ZanFlare_F2S_15.jpg

UI
The light has memory mode
The levels are: Low, Medium, High and Strobe, in loop.
Battery indicator: When you turn the light on, the LED on the side of the head will blink blue if remaining capacity is above 30%, blink red if the capacity is between and 10 and 30%, and will keep blinking if it is lower than 10%.

Output and runtime
ZanFlare_F2S_16.png

ZanFlare_F2S_17.png

My thoughts
The F2S is a simple light with a good construction, with a good tint and regulation.
I like the battery indicator, although I would have preferred to know when the capacity is at 10-30-60%, and the battery indicator to stay always on.
I would have preferred to have a hidden strobe, instead I have to go through it every time I scroll through all 3 levels. I would have liked also an additional 4th​ mode, to rearrange the levels like this: 5 – 50 – 100- 200.

Thanks to: AntoLed for the camera help and the luxmeter.