Anyone tried the KeySmart Nano Torch Flashlight?

wernerh

Newly Enlightened
Was browsing through small flashlights on Amazon and came across the new (released late 2016) KeySmart Nano Torch - a Stainless Steel Keychain Flashlight.
KeySmart is the KickStarter group that created the slim keychain - now they have a small flashlight to go with it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6931PW/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Certainly looked small, compact and sturdy - and it claims 25 lumens light! Priced around $20

The Amazon reviews (all 9 of them) rate it very highly - but I was wondering if there was any more independent review (I couldn't find anything on this forum about the KeySmart Nano Torch - the only thing that came up on my search was a discussion about keychains themselves - since that's KeySmart's main product).

Anyone own or have any information about this flashlight. It uses 4 button cells (LR521 size) but there is no info on battery life that I can find.
I'd be more interested if this was rechargeable - but still wonder how well it works for folks.

I'm quite happy with my Fenix UC02 - but always curious on what else is out there. Figure someone on this forum should know?

Thanks,
WernerH

ironhorse

Enlightened
I know this post is from some time ago, but just today I found one. It took some searching to even determine what it is, as there are no identifying markings on it. It is quite the nice tiny little light. I am trying to locate the owner, but I am going to play with it in the meantime. Can't wait until dark, but it seems plenty bright for it's size.

ironhorse

Enlightened
It has a very nice food beam pattern. The web sites say it is a Nichia, and judging by the tint I would say it could be a 219 B or C. It puts out about as much light as my HDS Rotary Hi Noon 6 or 7 steps up from low. Fit and finish is very nice.

It would be a nice addition to a set of keys for the Mrs., but tomorrow it goes to lost and found.

LoveLight16

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone used these for more than a year? I was planning on purchasing a few for a camping trip but I don't really know how reliable they are and I don't 100% trust amazon reviews.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Has anyone used these for more than a year? I was planning on purchasing a few for a camping trip but I don't really know how reliable they are and I don't 100% trust amazon reviews.

Because the Nano is only 25 lumens, I'd go with the 55-lumen rechargeable Nitecore Tube instead.

On a camping trip, I'd go with ANY of the Waka Waka lights that are solar powered.

The Waka Waka Power is not only a light but can recharge your Nitecore Tube and other devices because of its built in solar panel!

In fact, a Boy Scout I gave a Tube to had his tent mates asking where he got this little but bright light, as it lit up their entire tent. For Camping, a Tube on a lanyard is perfect.

Of course, I'd have a more powerful EDC light in my pocket in addition to the lanyard Tube.

If I personally do not have at least 3-4 lights on my person, I feel naked.

LoveLight16

Newly Enlightened
Because the Nano is only 25 lumens, I'd go with the 55-lumen rechargeable Nitecore Tube instead.

On a camping trip, I'd go with ANY of the Waka Waka lights that are solar powered.

The Waka Waka Power is not only a light but can recharge your Nitecore Tube and other devices because of its built in solar panel!

In fact, a Boy Scout I gave a Tube to had his tent mates asking where he got this little but bright light, as it lit up their entire tent. For Camping, a Tube on a lanyard is perfect.

Of course, I'd have a more powerful EDC light in my pocket in addition to the lanyard Tube.

If I personally do not have at least 3-4 lights on my person, I feel naked.

Last edited: