New to me - Streamlight Sl 35

sgt253

Enlightened
2exy445.jpg
[/IMG]

New to me Streamlight SL 35 rechargeable flashlight. Been wanting one of these "big boys". Found, what I think, is a nice example. Works very well. Found a charger and the dimmer tailcap, NIP, for $0.99. Could not pass that up!

2pqvvpd.jpg
[/IMG]

68ao7p.jpg
[/IMG]

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice!!! I'm digging it. That light looks like it's in awesome shape to boot! Will it fit regular D cells or does it only take NiCads/NiMHs? Looks like it would fit 5 regular D cells.

sgt253

Enlightened
Thanks fellas. Yes, it will fit regular "D" size batteries and run well. The brightness is about 90% of my ROP low bulb. So, rough estimate 400 lumens. The dimmer tailcap works very well. Can dim light from full to barely there as needed. Plus it strobes the light if need be.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it would fit 5 regular D cells.
Original battery is pack of 5 full size NiCad D cells but powering up that 30 watt bulb using 5 D size alkaline are murdering the alka cells.
sgt253 said:
The brightness is about 90% of my ROP low bulb.
You are comparing overdriven ROP and standard driving SL-35 which is not fair comparison.
Try 6 healthy NiMH "C" size to see difference.
You can also use 6 AA in 2D size barrel.
Another mod is shortened barrel to size of 2-[SIZE=-1]1/2[/SIZE]"D" and powering with pair of IMR26650
:thumbsup:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks fellas. Yes, it will fit regular "D" size batteries and run well. The brightness is about 90% of my ROP low bulb. So, rough estimate 400 lumens. The dimmer tailcap works very well. Can dim light from full to barely there as needed. Plus it strobes the light if need be.

Sounds nice n bright!!

sgt253

Enlightened
Thanks fivemega. I am using D nimh cells currently. I was just answering the question on whether it would work or not. Appreciate the advice.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya know, it's crazy to see an SL-35 pop up on fleabay but I've never seen an SL-20. You'd think the SL-20 was by far more popular so there would be many more of them. This is the first SL-35 I've seen on fleabay in the last 3 or 4 years.

prof student

Enlightened
Original battery is pack of 5 full size NiCad D cells but powering up that 30 watt bulb using 5 D size alkaline are murdering the alka cells.

You are comparing overdriven ROP and standard driving SL-35 which is not fair comparison.
Try 6 healthy NiMH "C" size to see difference.
You can also use 6 AA in 2D size barrel.
Another mod is shortened barrel to size of 2-[SIZE=-1]1/2[/SIZE]"D" and powering with pair of IMR26650
:thumbsup:

Are you still doing Streamlight mods?