• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Which Olight?

STREAMHAWAII

Newly Enlightened
I have an S Mini and on the times I run it on high, it gets hot in my hand. Like the whole body of the light.

It's small, compact and powerful which I love and GREAT for EDC however I wouldn't mind finding an Olight I can hold in my hand that is small enough (but a tad bit larger then S Mini) but cannot feel the 550Lumen heat on the body? Any experiences?

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
Which one?

The brass and copper handle the heat better than the titanium.

The copper and aluminum S1As are nice little lights. Mine don't get uncomfortably hot.

Of course, the S Mini will step down after 90 seconds on high anyway.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Cannot feel the 500-ish lumens heat on the body? Currently Olight has none. Feeling heat on the body "should be" a good thing as the body is dissipating heat away. But I agree that the small body of S Mini is not comfortable to hold when running the highest mode for more than a minute.

The current Olight offering in terms of hot-ness... heat increase from left to right when running the highest mode (500-600ish lumens)
Olight S1 Baton >> Olight S1A (LiIon)>> Olight S Mini >> Olight S1R Turbo S (this light is very hot when running the Turbo S mode)

If you don't mind a little less lumen, the Olight S1 Baton is the choice to go for less heat.

STREAMHAWAII

Newly Enlightened
Which one?

The brass and copper handle the heat better than the titanium.

The copper and aluminum S1As are nice little lights. Mine don't get uncomfortably hot.

Of course, the S Mini will step down after 90 seconds on high anyway.

Titanium

STREAMHAWAII

Newly Enlightened
Cannot feel the 500-ish lumens heat on the body? Currently Olight has none. Feeling heat on the body "should be" a good thing as the body is dissipating heat away. But I agree that the small body of S Mini is not comfortable to hold when running the highest mode for more than a minute.

The current Olight offering in terms of hot-ness... heat increase from left to right when running the highest mode (500-600ish lumens)
Olight S1 Baton >> Olight S1A (LiIon)>> Olight S Mini >> Olight S1R Turbo S (this light is very hot when running the Turbo S mode)

If you don't mind a little less lumen, the Olight S1 Baton is the choice to go for less heat.

Thanks!

Ataleoffiction

Newly Enlightened
If I would be able to go back in time, I'd get the copper S2 version.

As it stands now, I have an S2, S30R, R50..... waiting on an R50 Pro in copper, ha!