Nucleus Flashlight Black-Rainbow PVD Edition 219C/4000K (World Smallest Flashlight)

This Version is available for purchase now HERE
Nearly a year from introducing the Nucleus for the very first time, the PVD (DLC) coated version is here. If you're unfamiliar with this light, you can find all the info about it HERE. I've been thinking about what PVD finish should I get done, and having this light in many different versions and "standard" rainbow finish being recently used on inexpensive production lights, I wanted to do something special. As far as I know, this specific color combination hasn't been done on a flashlight, as a matter of fact, very few coating business offers this finish. It is a DLC or Diamond-like Carbon coating, which is a type of PVD coating. It is a nanocomposite coating, that has unique properties of natural diamond low friction, high hardness, and high corrosion resistance. This specific "Black Rainbow" is done by first applying the 2 different finish in sequence. The physical shape and placement of the part plays a big role in the visibility of the rainbow finish. Normally square surfaces show more of the rainbow, and less of the black, and vica-versa, when applying on round surfaces. When looking at it in a darker environment the finish looks almost back-like, but when taken outside or under different lighting conditions, it is starting to show its real colors. I've taken many pictures, to show off what the colors look like in different conditions. Also, each light is unique and have been coated assembled as a single unit (without the electronics obviously) Please keep in mind, that there are subtle differences in every piece, depending on there placement in the coating chamber. An other difference is between this and previous Nucleus lights, that I've started using the Nichia 219C 4000K 90+ CRI LED for these lights. It is a bit "colder" than the 219B being used in the previous versions, but overall a very nice color and beam quality. As all previous version, it comes with Ti tail attachment with split ring (Polished Ti). I have a total of 20 pieces of this version, of which half of them will be released here, the other half on Flashlight Fanatics FB forum. The planned release date is next weekend, and the only part I'm waiting for is the green trits, so I can install them when shipped out. Let me know what you think, also if you have any questions!

You can see higher resolution images in my Flickr Album HERE:

With 0.95mm x 3mm green tritium vials installed.

36120369285_a4a85fae34_b.jpg

36120368475_384c4cc16d_b.jpg

I'm a bit of a nerd, when it comes to miniaturization. Here you can see the Nucleus on the top of the smallest mechanical hard-drive.

35729584290_1b5e49c829_b.jpg

Together with a bead blasted version, that hasn't been offered.

36120366415_26c4e3a438_b.jpg

Special edition on both sides of it, one with a Mokuti tailcap.

36120367245_20c7d9b00e_b.jpg

With the Nucleus XTD prototype.

36120365915_6364bc722a_b.jpg

35729582330_77c265ed3b_b.jpg

36120370215_225ce0021a_b.jpg

Last edited:

Zandar

Enlightened
What can I say, you just amaze me with all the interesting variations on one single light. I think were all looking forward to each innovative development you come up with. :thumbsup:

What can I say, you just amaze me with all the interesting variations on one single light. I think were all looking forward to each innovative development you come up with. :thumbsup:

Thank you Zandar, I honestly never thought that I'd make so many variations of these lights...:) Let's see, we've had Titanium (brushed, polished) Brass, Copper, Beryllium Copper, Galaxy Collection (Special Edition Ti) Damascus, Mokuti, Mokume Gane, PVD....I think, that's all. (At least officially:) I doubt the new light will offer this many versions though. Some of you have all the different versions, which I appreciate a lot. Selling out of these allows me to work on new designs, and I have 3 other prototypes done!

WOW! :drool: I'm not usually into such tiny lights but I'll make an exception for this one.

Thanks for the kind words EasilyLed, I'd be happy to have one in your possession all the way in the UK:)

Quick Update:

This limited batch will be up for sale on Friday around 5-6pm PST with a projected shipping time on Monday. I've just received word, that the trit vials will not be here on time, due to some postal error they are stuck between the manufacturer and the re-seller in Belgium. This size is not being sold by any other trit shop, so I'll have to wait, until this batch comes. If you're looking for one with trits, you'll have a few options. You can either have your trits shipped to you at a later time, and you install them yourself (You'll pay for the vials only, I cover shipping) or you can send your light back to me at a later time, I will install the vials and send it back to you. (You'll pay for the vials, shipping) If you decide to install them yourself, I'd like to give you some tips, since these are very small vials, and might be a bit more difficult than installing the larger size. Let me know, if you have any questions!

Here is a sample shot without the trits:

35343243984_b5374fa292_b.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
If we're fortunate enough to secure a light, can we not instead ask you to keep it until the vials arrive and then send it once you've installed them? For international buyers, I think that might be a better option.

If we're fortunate enough to secure a light, can we not instead ask you to keep it until the vials arrive and then send it once you've installed them? For international buyers, I think that might be a better option.

Absolutely, I'm happy to keep them. The reason I have to release the batch, is because I have absolutely no idea, how long the shipping is delayed. This size trits were sold out quite a while ago, this is the last batch, the manufacturer had on hand. He can make an other batch if this one is lost, but hopefully it will turn up soon. I will keep you all posted, when I have new info.

In a few hours, the last batch of Nucleus flashlights will be up for sale. What you can see here, is the new " Light Engines " of this flashlight. This component was the most difficult and time consuming process to assemble. Most of the difficulty came from the small size, so it took me a while to figure out a process to build these to the same high standards consistently. It originally was build using Nichia 219B 3000K

high CRI emitters, now the new batch has Nichia 219C 4000K 93+ CRI emitters. The new Black Rainbow finish will go up for sale between 5-6pm PST today. This batch is limited to 20 pcs. out of which 10 will be sold here 10 at CPF. If you're not familiar with the feature of this flashlight, but interested in owning one, you can find all the info in the original CPF sales thread. Alternatively, feel free to message me with any questions you might have. If you own one of these, feel free to pitch in and let others know, what you're thinking about this light (Some of you owns all the different versions)

To check out specs and features see this post HERE
Introduction post of this new batch HERE

28177070644_658523dc7b_b.jpg

35395787994_fef1269672_b.jpg

35836982790_e89e7db6ea_b.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
Being from the UK, I'm a bit confused as to the time the sale for the Black PVD Nucleus will be.
According to what I looked up, Pacific Time right now is 17.19.
Pacific Standard Time is 16.19 but it says that Pacific Standard Time is not currently observed.
So which time is the correct one?