Need recommendations for a flashlight for security work

Habu

Newly Enlightened
I need a flashlight for work, but am not having any luck finding what I'm looking for. The flashlight is going to get activated a few hundred times a shift, for a few seconds each time (a series of security checks at 10 minute intervals). It needs to put out no more than ~50 lumens, take AA batteries, and with a momentary switch in the endcap. A red or blue filter would be nice, but not critical. Per company rules, it can't have crenelations, skull-crusher, etc, because that would make it "tactical".

I've no objections to a variable power flashlight, but it has to be one that can retains the desired setting. I found one that was almost ideal, except you had to cycle through the entire power range, every time.

Thanks!

==================Flashlight Recommendation Checklist================

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

____This will be mail-order or Online (location doesn't matter).

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)

____I don't know yet

3) Format:

____I want a flashlight (hand held/self contained).

4) Size:

____TINY - Every day carry (2-4 inches).
____SMALL - Every day carry (4-7 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:

____LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)

6) Manufacturer:

____I want to buy a light from a large/traditional manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What power source do you want to use?

____I intend to use "Primary"/Disposable Alkaline batteries based on AA sized cells.

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is not a happy experience).

____I need something in the 40-50 lumen range.

9) Flood vs Throw: Flood covers an area, Throw reaches out to a distance.

____Danged if I know--I need to cover about a 1-2' area at 10-15'.

9a) Distance: How far away will you typically need to see with this light (check all that apply)

____Less than 5 yards/meters (looking for something inside a dark shed/garage/basement)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum continuous output).

____I'm not sure how this applies, the light will rarely be on for more than a few seconds.

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.

____Very Important (Camping, Backpacking, Car Glove-box).
(With the lights I've used so far, the switch has been the failure point.)

12) Switch Size, Type, and location (choose all that apply):

____I want a momentary switch (Predominantly for use with signaling and short bursts of momentary light only).
____I want a tail mounted switch (found on the majority of today's high end lights).

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.

____A simple on-off with only one output level is fine for me.

14)Material/Finish/Coating

____I don't care.

15) Water resistance
____None needed
____IPX4 (Splash resistant)

16) Storage conditions

____Other: will be carried in a pocket on on belt, with frequent daily use.

17) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any/all below.

____Red filter would be nice at times, but not critical
____NO Crenulatations at either end.