Small thrower

tom6

Newly Enlightened
I want a small thrower. i haVe manker T01 and i like it, byt i want something smaller about the size On The Road M3(7cm x2.3) Any idea? How about clarus XT1C? (a bit bigger) thanks for any input

tom6

Newly Enlightened
Come on boys i am new flasholic and i want your ideas

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
A P60 host is an option. Solarforce or better, and get an XPL Hi emitter. Tell us more what is important to you? Color temperature? User interface? Uses you anticipate?

Getting a dedomed XP-G2 or 3 will make your flashlight have a tighter spot, depending on your reflector size.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore P30 is a small thrower. It uses one 18650 cell, so it falls into the 1" (25.4mm) class of lights, but it does have a rather large head in relation to the body. That allows it to throw up to 600 meters (per ANSI standard, YMMV) when on turbo in a very tight beam, but it still has a nice spill for close up awareness. Also, some of the MT and MH lights by Nitecore also have respectable throws.
I don't think I could reasonably call any P60 D26) drop in a thrower. Now step up to a D36 capable head and one can get some better distance, but if you are going to buy new, I think the P30 would be a better deal.

tom6

Newly Enlightened
May be i am not clear. I want a really small thrower. May be about 10000cd in the size something like Olilight S1.Any thoughts?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the new fourseven mini turbo MKII ? To get throw you need a large reflector. Not many tiny lights with large reflectors out there.

Last edited:

tom6

Newly Enlightened
How about the new fourseven mini turbo MKII ? To get throw you need a large reflector. Not many tiny lights with large reflectors out there.
Really intresting.I wonder how many candellas is the turbo and how
about compared vs mini mkii

archimedes

Flashaholic
....To get throw you need a large reflector....

... or an optic ...

.... Not many tiny lights with large reflectors out there.

... because this is awkward to carry ...

LoDJANf.jpg

... :D

tom6

Newly Enlightened
Where can i find and buy this?Amazon dont ship to Greece generally
May be i am not clear. I want a really small thrower. May be about 10000cd in the size something like Olilight S1.Any thoughts?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not allowed to post links. but if you put .com behind foursevens, you will find it :)

tom6

Newly Enlightened
I cant find anything about beam intensity for turbo. Any measure or estimate?

Last edited by a moderator:

Keitho

Enlightened
Arch is right, you'll get better throw from a small TIR than a small reflector.
P
Peter and arch made me think of the Emisar D4 I have on order...within a couple mm (with the shorter battery tube) of the olight you cited as your size goal. Should be great throw through brute force, till thermal regulation kicks in.