• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nucleus Black-Rainbow PVD Edition!

This is the sales post for the recently introduced Black-Rainbow PVD Edition Nucleus Flashlights. This is a polished titanium flashlight, with PVD coating on it. To read specifically about this version, please see the introductory thread HERE
I have a limited number of 20 pcs. out of which 10 pcs. will be available here and 10 on Flashlight Fanatics FB Forum. I will move items starting tomorrow morning, based on demand from one place to the other. The one change compared to previous versions are the LED choice, which is a Nichia 219C 4000K 93+ CRI now. Please note, that tritium vials will only be available at a later time (they are on their way from the manufacturer to the distributor) All lights will come with Titanium tail piece split rings attachment, and 5mm split ring.

Price of this version: $165

Tritium options:
Due to not having an exact date on the arrival of the vials, (could be weeks ) You have 3 options to have the tritium vials installed.

- I will ship it to you for $35, when I receive them, you install it yourself. I can give you some tips, since these are very small vials.
- You'll ship the light back to me, you pay $35 + shipping to me (I'll cover shipping it back to you)
- I'll hold on to your light, until I receive the order of trits you'll add the $35 at the time of the purchase (it could be weeks or even a month)

Batteries are NOT included. Please see below for the exact type to purchase.

Shipping:
$15 for CONUS (USPS Priority Mail, Insured, traackable)

International buyers:

I'm happy to ship this light internationally, but reserve the right to refuse sale, if destination country had previous issues with lost packages. I will ship your package with Global Priority Mail at the exact shipping cost of what I'm paying + $5 for packaging.
I will provide a tracking number with this option, but I won't be responsible for lost packaging or packages being delivered to the wrong address. I will buy insurance, and there will be a signature required. If the package is lost, I will give you a refund, once I receive
the insurance claim. Please keep this in mind, when making a purchase.)
Please feel free, to add your name on the list, and state your location before making a payment. I will look up shipping cost and let you know your total so you can make a Paypal payment.

Payment:

I prefer PayPal to my email address: [email protected] (Paypal fees are included in the purchase price)

- To ensure your place on the list, please make a timely payment. Once I've received payment, and your preference about options, I will add your name on the list.
- Please include your Candlepowerforum screen name in the notes, when making a paypal payment, so I can give you tracking info, once the items are shipped.

So here are the specs.

- Size: 1.04" x 3/8" (0.37")
or 26.4mm x 9.44mm
(if you are on the metric system) With the split ring holder accessory 1.15" (29.4mm)

- Weight: 0.17 oz or
5 Grams

LED Specifications:

• Nichia NVSW219CT "219C" LEDs
  • D240 Flux Bin
  • R9050 CRI Rank (90+ CRI)
  • 4000K temperature
  • Voltage bin: L2
    • Low vF allows for tons of output and easy regulation, even at high amps
      • Should not be used as a single emitter with most FET drivers and high drain cells! (Triple/Quad is OK).

- Light Engine: Brass Pill with 8mm MCPCB

- Optics: 7.5mm Sapphire glass window, with AR coating on both sides, specifically tuned to the wavelenght of this LED

- Brightness in Lumens: ~ 20-25 (This is an estimate based on the current to LED, which is approximately 72mA max. on fresh batteries.)

-
Battery Type: (Not Included) 3 x Maxell SR41W (High Drain) Please be advised, that I can only warranty proper fit and run-time, using this specific battery. It was designed around this specific battery, and even though other manufacturers describe sizing to be the same as this one, there are differences. Since this light was built to very tight specifications (only 0.006 gap when the cap is fully turned on), it is unlikely, but possible that other type of batteries will either not reach the batteries, or stick out to far, and waterproofing will not be ensured.
- Runtime: (Please make sure, to read this and to be ok with the intended purpose of this light): Full runtime is over 2 hours (please read the breakdown on how it will drop in brightness during that 2 hours) It was designed to be used for short intervals of 10-20 secs. it will have enough juice for about 100-150 of this 10-15 sec. burst. If it is operated continuously, it will go on 20-25 lumens for about 2 minutes, then gradually drops to about 10 lumens by the 5 minute mark, then it will drop to about 2 lumens by the 10 minute mark. It will continue to run at 2 lumens for about 2 hours.
(If you're getting this light, to look for lost treasures in the sand, it is Not the right light for you. On the other hand, if you're an enthusiast wanting to own a really cool piece that might not be replicated and you're ok, for using it for short intervals, or emergencys, you'll love this light. I have designed other hosts for this that is using 5A rechargeable cylindrical batteries, capable of providing about 800-900 mA current to the LED. They might be available in the future, as an add-on, if I can work out all the issues)

Country of design and manufacture: If you're feeling patriotic, you'll love to hear, that it was all designed and made here in San Diego, California.
Manufacturing: With the exception of writing the CNC programs, I designed, assembled and even operated some of the CNC lathes and mills. (Haas SL-10 lathe and Haas VF-3SS mill)

(Machining on these pieces are to very tight tolerances, and are high quality, with smooth threads. This light is a mechanical gem! The light can be fully disassembled with the exception of the brass pill.
Water Resistance:.10ft./3meters (I will take this down up to 100' in the next few weeks and update the exact limitations. Waterproofing will work, as long as you don't back out the rear cap more, than you need, to turn off the light.)

Warranty: 1 Year warranty on any manufacturer defect. I personally assemble and solder all lights, and I have very high standards when building anything. I check and re-check all components numerous times, during assembly, but that doesn't mean, that I can't make any mistake.
Although the light can be fully disassembled, if you do it, I encourage you, to do it with great care. The threads are very fine 40 TPI threads, and I can't warranty any defect coming from cross threading the parts, that normally don't need to be disassembled. As far as the rear cap,
just use caution, like with any other fine threads, turning the cap counter clockwise before starting to turn clockwise. If you feel any resistance, it means, that either you have debris on the thread, or you're not assembling the threads properly. I can't honor warranty claims,
due to user error of cross-threading the components.

36120369285_a4a85fae34_b.jpg

36120368475_384c4cc16d_b.jpg

35729582330_77c265ed3b_b.jpg

Last edited:

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill take one, ship me the trits when they arrive but I would like the light sooner. :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
I'll take one please George.

Please PM me your paypal address and I'll paypal you tomorrow (as its quite late in the UK now)

Thanks. :)

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice, I'll take one and ship the trits when they arrive.
Is the total $200 shipped?
Let me know and I'll Pp you, thanks.

Last edited:
You got it! Your light will ship out on Monday! When making a payment, don't include the tritium vials, only when I have them available for you. Thank you, for your purchase:)

Ill take one, ship me the trits when they arrive but I would like the light sooner. :)

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got it! What did you want to do about the trit option (due to the delay)?

Just edited my post.

"Very nice, I'll take one and ship the trits when they arrive.
Let me know and I'll Pp you, thanks." :)

I

For some reason the shipping line went missing from the post....Shipping is $15 as for all previous versions, and I won't collect for the trits, until they arrive, so $180 for now, $35 more, when the vials come in. Sorry about the missing info on the shipping cost. Thank you for your purchase!:)

Just edited my post.

"Very nice, I'll take one and ship the trits when they arrive.
Let me know and I'll Pp you, thanks." :)

I

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reason the shipping line went missing from the post....Shipping is $15 as for all previous versions, and I won't collect for the trits, until they arrive, so $180 for now, $35 more, when the vials come in. Sorry about the missing info on the shipping cost. Thank you for your purchase!:)

No problem, $180 pp. sent. ;)