18650 lg hg2 battery for a flashlight

321dome

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

I bought this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hea...32739725255.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.9FeUiv head light and wanted better battery so I bought also hg2 of lg.
The battery's plus side does not look like other plus side battery
imgres
(see attachment) so there is no connection with the battery's slot.
Is there any little adapter I can connect the battery to have full connection?

Dome

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
What attachment? I have a few of these HG2's (both flat top and unprotected button top). Neither looks any different from any other 18650. So I'm not sure what the issue could be with yours.

terjee

Enlightened
I'm guessing OP bought flat-top, but needed button top. People have been messing with magnets as adapters, but it's *really* dangerous. Only way to adapt safely that I'm aware of, is to have it professionally welded.

My advice would be not not consider these batteries for a light they don't fit in. If you want to use them, Convoy S2+ is a cheap but decent light, that'll take them just fine. As will Klarus XT11-series if you want to spend more. Any light that'll take "unprotected flat top" should be fine actually.

321dome

Newly Enlightened
Oh, I didn't know there are different type of "tops"...
I just wanted extra strong batteries for my flashlight... I'll keep using the old batteries and hope to find some other use for it...

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You actually CAN get the HG2 as an unprotected button top. I have a few I got from Illumn.

terjee

Enlightened
If you don't find any other use, but have a friend that vapes, they'd probably take it off your hands for an okay price.
One possible use (other than flashlights that would take it) is as a powerbank, with Nitecore F1.

Be careful though, this is a type of battery that can turn ugly if it meets metal, such as keys or pocket change.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I myself would get a light that can use these batteries. For instance, they will work well in ANY 18650 Zebralight. One thing I REALLY like about these batteries is that, if I need them ASAP, I can just throw them on the Rocket Charger, set the charge current at 2A, and have batteries that are fully charged and ready to use in NO TIME. Sure beats using lower current batteries that have barely any more capacity and can't take more than a 1A charge!