Name brands LED, prices, reputable sellers?

jnkfile

Newly Enlightened
So i am just starting my way into LEDs. There is a lot of information out there, some of it seems good, a lot of it seems repetitive and copied, and the rest seems to be garbage. it is hard to discern what information falls into which category as a beginner. My goal is to build a super massive grow light in my basement. I have probably $10,000 invested in LED grow lights from a few reputable companies. this just isnt enough for me but i dont want to spend another $10,000 when i could spend some time and build a massive light that will do what i need perfectly. I have done a lot of research on the wave lengths needed for plants stages and other topics. all in all i feel comfortable so far in my knowledge of what i need. where i am lacking at the moment are topics like name brand LEDs, how much should i expect to pay for name brand, are name brand that much better than generic LEDs, who are reputable sellers of LEDs? I would appreciate any info you can on these.

**if your response includes a reference to "Googling it" please dont bother responding as it is not welcome. assume for the moment that everyone who has posted a question in a forum instead only googled it, how much information do you think would now be available to others? virtually none. the wonder of this is the many ways the same thing is explained in many different forums so that everyone can then understand it, not just you. ***

ssanasisredna

Enlightened
So i am just starting my way into LEDs. There is a lot of information out there, some of it seems good, a lot of it seems repetitive and copied, and the rest seems to be garbage. it is hard to discern what information falls into which category as a beginner. My goal is to build a super massive grow light in my basement. I have probably $10,000 invested in LED grow lights from a few reputable companies. this just isnt enough for me but i dont want to spend another $10,000 when i could spend some time and build a massive light that will do what i need perfectly. I have done a lot of research on the wave lengths needed for plants stages and other topics. all in all i feel comfortable so far in my knowledge of what i need. where i am lacking at the moment are topics like name brand LEDs, how much should i expect to pay for name brand, are name brand that much better than generic LEDs, who are reputable sellers of LEDs? I would appreciate any info you can on these.

**if your response includes a reference to "Googling it" please dont bother responding as it is not welcome. assume for the moment that everyone who has posted a question in a forum instead only googled it, how much information do you think would now be available to others? virtually none. the wonder of this is the many ways the same thing is explained in many different forums so that everyone can then understand it, not just you. ***

With the exception of current pricing which you can gleam from any online site, virtually everything you have asked is already in threads on CPF. People are helpful on CPF, but showing that you have put some effort into it yourself is going to greatly increase the chances people are going to help.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hello and welcome to CPF.

I think you will find most members here to be very helpful and generous with assistance and advice.

This is a friendly forum, but the above is maybe not the best way to start off your first post here ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jnkfile

Newly Enlightened
nope, seems like every other forum. a question is asked and instead of getting a response your told thats already been answered. basically, everything in this forum has already been asked, answered, talked about somewhere else, so why would i stay here?

nbp

Flashaholic
I don't know the answers to your questions, but more information regarding your needs and what you are looking for will help others to give more suggestions.

What lights are you currently using? What are you trying to build? What does it need to do? What output do you need? How many emitters do you want to use? What's your power source? What LEDs are you looking at or have you already researched?

Without this info it will be hard for anyone to help.

Latest posts