2009 Honda CRV Fog Light

KXA

Newly Enlightened
My wife drives the above vehicle. Recently, the left fog light was impacted by road debris and ruined. Can someone direct me to a legitimate Stanley replacement? The part no. on the lens is P4988L. Did a general online search, and all I got was eBay junk. (I'm trying not to pay $tealership prices.) Also, is there a way to protect them from future destruction?

Thanks in advance.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Looks like you can bypass dealer parts pricing easily enough on that lamp.

No, there's not really a way to protect them from future destruction. They're mounted low, eventually they're going to get hit.

(protip: you could always just remove the other-side lamp. Fog lamps are basically useless.)

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as protecting it, seeing as fog lamps typically will never need to be used in the first place, you could put some layers of the Lamin-X film on them to help with certain types of impact and just road grit abrasion. That one day in 3 years where you really NEED fog lamps, you can then take the film off for the cleanest output and replace it afterwards.

This way they all stay nice and shiny and new looking longer, helping resale value.

Or just take that one working one out and sell it on eBay.

KXA

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. Actually where I live, fog lights are a real help November to March, so I'll just fix it. Thanks again.