Review: Manker E02H (Headlamp-EDC- Keychain, AAA, L shaped, XP-G3 200+ Lumens)

Budda

Enlightened
I received the E02H from Manker.com for the review.

The E02H is the same light as the E02: a EDC 1xAAA with high output than most other lights of the segment, with a L shaped construction, an electronic switch on the head and a magnet in the tailcap… But now finally the E02H brings what the E02 lacked: an headband to use the E02 as an headlamp!
The E02H is available in several colorations, and with a XP-G3 Cool White emitter, or a Nichia 219C Neutral one. I got the XP-G3.

Also, new packaging for the E02H.
Manker_E02H_01.jpg

Manker_E02H_02.jpg

Here is the E02H with the E02 I got. The E02H comes with clip and spare o-rings.
Manker_E02H_03.jpg

My E02H is well anodized and has a vibrant, eye catching, red color.
Manker_E02H_06.jpg

Manker_E02H_07.jpg

Manker_E02H_09.jpg

The threads are anodized and physical lockout is possible. Note that the head of the E02H is glued to the body.
Manker_E02H_08.jpg

The Headband itself has some color to it, and the tissue has more stiffness compared to the other headbands I tried.
Manker_E02H_10.jpg

The rubber mount for the light holds the light in place with a tight fit, even when the light is inclined.
Manker_E02H_04.jpg

Manker_E02H_05.jpg

UI
Same as the one of the H02
Manker_E02_10.jpg

Output and Runtime
Same as the ones of the H02
Manker_E02H_Output.png

Manker_E02H_Runtime1.png

Manker_E02H_Runtime2.png

Beamshots at 0.5 meters from the wall
The small reflector will give a wide beam with a wide spot.
Manker_E02H_Beamshot_1.jpg

Manker_E02H_Beamshot_2.jpg

Manker_E02H_Beamshot_3.jpg

Manker_E02H_Beamshot_4.jpg

Manker_E02H_Beamshot_5.jpg

Manker_E02H_Beamshot_6.jpg

The spill comes out of the lights almost horizontally, probably due to the bezel with the reflective finish. This means that the light will be a good candidate to enlighten your walking plan.
Manker_E02H_Beamshot_7.jpg

Here you can see it better
Manker_E02H_Beamshot_8.jpg

My thoughts
The light is well built and finished.
The magnet is strong enough to hold the light upside down or horizontally.
The max output of the E02H is impressive for a AAA battery, and I found that using non Eneloop quality batteries will make the max output significantly lower. The regulation is also good, not many AAA lights can get flat plots.
I like that the moonlight mode can be set from a super low firefly mode, do a generally more usable low mode (I couldn't measure the output, but with my eye meter is more or less a lumen).
I like that the light can give you quick access to lowest, highest and last used mode.

The E02H finally got the headband that deserved. The E02H is a great all around compact and light AAA headlamp.
I still feel the lack of another mode, at 120-150 lumens.

Thanks to: AntoLed for the cameras advices and the luxmeter.

Last edited:

terjee

Enlightened
Thanks for the review. :)

Quick question: Is the magnet removeable?

I try to keep magnets to a minimum, due to compass'.

proceed5

Enlightened
Thank you for the review Budda.

It would be nice if Manker would sell the headband for the E02

Rekkie

Newly Enlightened
Very neat little light! Would be interesting to see what the runtime would be with an Energizer Ultimate Lithium battery.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have an idea for a headband for this that would work? The stiff type headband is not the type that is comfortable to me. Has anyone modded a Zebralight headband and silicone holder to fit this?