Single AAA light with deep carry pocket clip UPDATED in OP

Andy

Newly Enlightened
UPDATE: So I have been carrying a Streamlight Microstream for few weeks now at work as proof of concept. I am satisfied that I can pull this off, but I have changed the paradigm a little. I a too scared of losing my Surefire Titan+ with the Prometheus clip ($110 combined), and I like the tail cap switch better. So now I am looking for a single AAA light, with a deep carry clip. I can deal with a lower lumen output. 70+ would be good, with a budget of no more than $50.

Thanks so much!

I am looking to replace my old Fenix LD01 that is on my key chain for a similar light, but I want one with a deep carry pocket clip, the deeper the better. I also need the clip to be very durable. I am always shimmying into tight places at work and I don't want to break/bend the clip if I get hung up on something. I am good with any reputable brand, at least 120 lumens and a glass lens.

Thanks, Andy

Last edited:

Andy

Newly Enlightened
Re: Single AAA light with deep carry pocket clip

Lumitop tool with a Prometheus Ti Clip would be a good choice.

I have a Surefire Titan, that Prometheus clip maybe the ticket. I wish it came in black. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Prometheus also makes sturdy clips for the Peak Eiger, and the Surefire Titan Plus AAA ....

EDIT - I see you've found those too :)

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lumitop tool with a Prometheus Ti Clip would be a good choice.

fwiw, the fully captive clip from the Preon Two will fit a Tool, it costs a lot less than a Prometheus clip. However, the Tool is NOT a deep carry clip light, the switch sticks up past the clip, a lot. The specs say they max out at 110 lumens with the Cool White Low CRI XP-G2 option...
click this link for more details

or the OP could just buy a Preon, clip included, but again, not really deep carry, the switch sticks up above the clip. It also is not a 120 lumen output
35622818873_4795888231_z.jpg

My Maratac AAA has a VERY deep carry clip, but, it is not fully captive, that is, it Can pop off.. Im not sure it actually meets the 120 lumen target either, it certainly does not with a Nichia.
33684547205_d4f2944e18_z.jpg

Last edited:

Loverofthelight

Newly Enlightened

LD02 with a deep pocket clip would be a very good choice. :D

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Factor Equipment Mizpah 130 might be an option.

The clip isn't super tight, but it seems to retain it's shape very nicely, and it's a two-way clip. Also, the clip is captive under the tail cap, so it can't be lost.

Andy

Newly Enlightened

The Factor Equipment Mizpah 130 might be an option.

The clip isn't super tight, but it seems to retain it's shape very nicely, and it's a two-way clip. Also, the clip is captive under the tail cap, so it can't be lost.

I like that one. Are they good lights?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the Mizpah 130 is a good light.

It's excellent for clipping on a hat brim. It will open to accommodate thicker brims than most other clips will, but always returns to it's original shape.

Output levels are well spaced.

The beam has a large, soft spot.

It's waterproof and seems pretty tough.

The beam is a bit on the cool side, but quite tolerable for me.
It's light weight, feels good in the hand, relatively comfortable to mouth hold, since the teeth fit in the groove where the clip resides.

The UI took some getting used to for me, since it's my first light with mode memory and remembers the last mode used, including strobe. I'd like to see it modified so that either low or high could be directly accessed and the strobe mode is hidden.

I think its a good and versatile light.

cclin

Newly Enlightened

Jetbeam e01r, NOT a deep carry clip light, but two way clip & USB rechargeable make it great value!
7272300-2.jpg

Last edited:

Andy

Newly Enlightened

Just to update the thread, my Surefire Titan is not a plus, so I just ordered a plus, along with a Prometheus clip. I have been carrying a Streamlight microsystream for a while, just to make sure that the whole concept would work for me. I carry a Zero Tolerance 0350 and my keys hang from a County. Com titanium key hook. So even though that's a good amount of crap it all fits comfortably.

Andy

Newly Enlightened

Bump for update in OP.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have been carrying a Streamlight Microstream for few weeks now at work as proof of concept. I am satisfied that I can pull this off
So now I am looking for a single AAA light, with a deep carry clip.

I do not understand. You have an AAA light with a deep carry clip and tail switch already. What feature is missing from the Microstream for your needs?

regarding your reluctance to carry your expensive Titan.. I understand but, suggest you get over that. Life is short, you have two lights already.. let yourself use and enjoy them. :)