Eagle Beam Flashlight

flphotog

Newly Enlightened
Just wondered if anyone has any experience with Eagle Beam Flashlights. I picked one up awhile ago and it works well but on closer inspection I'm not sure of the internal build quality. They do respond to questions but their website is pretty much worthless, no specs or any real info. They've been saying to look for their launch but that's been on there for several months.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
First hello to CPF ;-)

You are right their website seems not very informative. The first thing that stroke my eye when I looked at the website was that their Echo flashlight looks like one of those generic zoomie flashlights that are often sold overpriced with false specifications and which you will get online rather cheap. But lets first wait for the update of the website.

So when you said you doubt the internal build quality what do you mean by that. Do you have a picture of it?

flphotog

Newly Enlightened
First hello to CPF ;-)

You are right their website seems not very informative. The first thing that stroke my eye when I looked at the website was that their Echo flashlight looks like one of those generic zoomie flashlights that are often sold overpriced with false specifications and which you will get online rather cheap. But lets first wait for the update of the website.

So when you said you doubt the internal build quality what do you mean by that. Do you have a picture of it?

Yes I know which ones you are talking about, actually tried one and returned it because when I zoomed out all I got was a center spot and a big halo around it. These are definitely a lot better than those. I doubt I'll be able to get a pic but will try because where I think I saw a possible issue is after pulling the battery and looking all the way down the barrel to where the emitter and lens is, it just doesn't seem cleaning put together but in truth that could just be my impression, I'm certainly not an expert in this area at all.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never heard of this flashlight manufacturer until I saw this thread.

Looking at their facebook pictures, the light they show mounted on the side of a shotgun looks like one of those generic G700 type lights.

That kind of light tends to be extremely cheaply made. You can get them for $7 or so on Ebay, or you can buy an overpriced one made at the same factory for $75 accompanied by advertising.

I haven't done a thorough investigation so I could be wrong, but glancing at their Facebook page and the fact I've never heard of them before my guess is this is probably a scam. They're probably just selling rebranded low-quality generic budget lights at 10x the cost.

flphotog

Newly Enlightened
Never heard of this flashlight manufacturer until I saw this thread.

Looking at their facebook pictures, the light they show mounted on the side of a shotgun looks like one of those generic G700 type lights.

That kind of light tends to be extremely cheaply made. You can get them for $7 or so on Ebay, or you can buy an overpriced one made at the same factory for $75 accompanied by advertising.

I haven't done a thorough investigation so I could be wrong, but glancing at their Facebook page and the fact I've never heard of them before my guess is this is probably a scam. They're probably just selling rebranded low-quality generic budget lights at 10x the cost.

You could well be right. I talked one of their reps at a gun show and for what it's worth (not much I know) they claim to manufacturer them, the one I have seems to be solid with the exception if you look down into the light where the emitter is, it does look a little shabby but that could me just me. It has worked well for the short term, long term, who knows. Not my intention to buy another one, at least at this point, just trying to find out a little more about them, I believe they are fairly new, that may be why no one seems to have heard of them. Without a decent website, I know facebook, I don't do facebook.

flphotog

Newly Enlightened
Eagle Beam Follow up

I posted earlier about an Eagle Beam Flashlight I bought. Thought I should post this follow up. The one I purchased was in the $40 range, I don't remember exactly but on another forum I came across a post with a link to a flashlight on Amazon, this light looked exactly like mine and the specs looked to be the same, the difference was that the one on Amazon was $9.99, looks like this time I got taken.
I'll mention this to the manager of the range where I bought it.

Phantompain

Newly Enlightened
Hey late to this post but I actually just bought one of these too at a gun show, it is a zoomie but I didn't get the rechargeable model they have , I got the C battery one they call Endurance for $45, the sales rep says it can run for 72 hours straight so I still have to put that to a test, I'll keep you posted.