Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys,

I would like to show a quick review of Fenix TK47 UE

My impressions

Pros

+ High build and machining quality
+ Extremely clean reflector and lens
+ Perfectly centered LED
+ Well balanced beam, excellent throw and flood combination and very impressive performance from an simple 2*18650 flashlight,XH-P70 led is amazing
+ Durable stainless steel switch cover (both), I'm glad it's not plastic or rubber
++ Neutral led + red light in the tailcap (best feature)
+ You can use main led and tailcap light in same time
+ Various batteries fit perfectly (no rattle etc)
+ Smooth threads, well lubricated o-rings, thick body tube, looks very durable
+ Holster

Cons

- Visible PWM(?) flickering in low mode, but it's not "constans" flickering, because visible only when you start first time in low mode. Exactly: First start (in low mode) pwm is visible, but if you activate all other modes and back to low mode again, the flickering now is not visible.

Other comments

- Very slighty visible donut hole in the beam (center) otherwise the beam looks very nice. The "black hole" is not visible outdoor or normal use, just only on the wall, so it's not real problem.
- I would like to see a neutral white version

This is an excellent searchlight, especially if Fenix will solve this small "driver" problem (flickering in low mode)

My photos and some beamshot comparison pics with other Fenix lights. (more photos coming soon) for bigger size, just clik the photos

TK47 UE vs LD50, PD40R and TK35 UE (MT-G2)

NEW COMPARISON SHOTS / 2017-09-18

TK47 UE vs Olight S2, M2R NW / CW, TK35 UE, PD40R, Microfire L500R V3 CW, Olight SR96 and Acebeam K30 NW

Last edited:

narmattaru

Enlightened
thanx for sharing your impressions )

my relative tried to carry TK47UE in airplane, so he was asked at x-ray checkout to show that this is a real flashlight, not a bomb. as he didn`t know the real output of this light (just bought it), he pointed it at X-ray scanner operator, and totally blinded her )

Loverofthelight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the sharing!

My colleague tried to have this giant, when he gets his, I can check if the same visible flickering happens in low mode. But I guess maybe a probability.

Loverofthelight

Newly Enlightened
thanx for sharing your impressions )

my relative tried to carry TK47UE in airplane, so he was asked at x-ray checkout to show that this is a real flashlight, not a bomb. as he didn`t know the real output of this light (just bought it), he pointed it at X-ray scanner operator, and totally blinded her )

Really feel sorry for the operator. I think I must emphasize the real output after my colleague gets his. :p

proceed5

Enlightened
Thanks for sharing Gopajti.

I have not noticed any flickering on low mode on startups. Been using mine since February 2017.

The beam from the TK47UE is indeed very very nice :) Overall experience having been using this light for 6 months is very positive.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the review!

"Visible PWM(?) flickering in low mode, but it's not "constans" flickering, because visible only when you start first time in low mode. Exactly: First start (in low mode) pwm is visible, but if you activate all other modes and back to low mode again, the flickering now is not visible."

It's the same with my PD40 MTG2!

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for all comment guys,

first post updated, added new photos

new beamshot comparison will soon

btw important thing: Keeppower 3120mAh Protected battery not fit in TK47 UE, this battery is too fat for this light!

more flashlight photos, pls click here

Last edited:

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
new beamshot comparison shots added for first post

TK47 UE vs Olight S2, Olight R50 (XH-P50 CW), Foursevens Maelstrom MMU-X3 (3*XM-L2, 1800lm), Fenix TK35 UE (MT-G2), Acebeam T25, K30 (3*18650, XH-P70.2 NW), K60 and Thrunite TN35 (MT-G2, 2750lm)

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
first post updated with beamshot comparison photos

TK47 UE vs Olight S2, M2R NW / CW, TK35 UE, Fenix PD40R, Microfire L500R V3 CW, Olight SR96 and Acebeam K30 NW