HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE CL09?

gilson65

Newly Enlightened
Purchased a couple of these very impressed definitely a winner for me My brother who likes lanterns with inbuilt charging loves it due to the usb rechargeble battery supplied with light :thumbsup:

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Awesome!! We appreciate your comments.

Purchased a couple of these very impressed definitely a winner for me My brother who likes lanterns with inbuilt charging loves it due to the usb rechargeble battery supplied with light :thumbsup:

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
I like this shape. But I'd like HIGH to be 150 or 200 lumens. How about making it a bit longer to use 2 x CR123 or an 18xxx ?

Does it use a multi sided COB?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We have heard back from Fenix:

We do have plan for new camping lights with higher output and longer runtime in 2018.

I like this shape. But I'd like HIGH to be 150 or 200 lumens. How about making it a bit longer to use 2 x CR123 or an 18xxx ?

Does it use a multi sided COB?

Cemoi

Enlightened
plan for new camping lights with higher output and longer runtime
Any hope for a better UI to access the red light mode on the (future version of the) CL09?
The reason why I did not buy the CL09 is that, to access red light mode (which is supposed to preserve your night vision), you need to cycle through all modes including Turbo, not the best way to preserve your night vision (and pretty tedious: 4 times off/on in a row).
The CL20R UI is much better: double-click from low turns to red light.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Sending your comment to the engineers. We will post their answer tomorrow.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
The engineer's reply:

"Thanks for the feedback. Well noted but it was due to the product design without button on CL09.
Thanks for the customer question and suggestion. We will take it into consideration in the future product design."

Let me know if you have further questions.

Any hope for a better UI to access the red light mode on the (future version of the) CL09?
The reason why I did not buy the CL09 is that, to access red light mode (which is supposed to preserve your night vision), you need to cycle through all modes including Turbo, not the best way to preserve your night vision (and pretty tedious: 4 times off/on in a row).
The CL20R UI is much better: double-click from low turns to red light.

Cemoi

Enlightened
Thanks Fenix Store for your reply, and for passing on my comment to the product developpers.
Looking forward to the future button version of the CL09 ;-)

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought many CL09s and am very happy with it.
As someone wrote earlier, the only criticism is a lack of memory.
I have bought these lights in the past to use them with blinking red, recently I use constant red light in the house for bugs but whenever I want red I have to go through all the white levels.
Hope the next version corrects this limit.
For the rest, the CL09 is perfect.