Fenix ARB-L14U 14500 1600mAh 1.5V Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Button Top Battery with Micro

flphotog

Newly Enlightened
Fenix ARB-L14U 14500 1600mAh 1.5V Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Button Top Battery with Micro USB Charging Port - Clam Shell

I have a Fenix LD12 coming today that has one of these batteries with it. Looking this battery up on the Battery Junction website I see:
NOTE: Do NOT attempt to recharge this battery in a conventional battery charger. Attempting to use any other charging method other than the micro-USB charging will result in damage to both the battery and the charger and possibly result in personal injury or property damage.

I also have a Nitecore I4 charger coming which is supposed to sense the battery type and adjust the charging voltage and current to match the battery.

My question is, is it ok to use this charger? Not going to take the chance if I'm not sure it's ok. Hoping someone here will know the answer to this.

Edit, please ignore this post, I see now that these batteries have a usb port directly on them and have to be charge using that port.

Thanks

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
I would say no. Li-on is 4.2 V so if it is supposed to 1.5V output there is circuitry to reduce the voltage. This would not be compatible with any separate charger.