Stanley H109

Blueknight

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, just a very quick question about the H109. I was taking about the light to replace the batt and broke the pc board which rendered it pretty much useless. So finished taking it apart and saved the bulb and ballast. I want to check and see if it still works and not sure how to do it. Do I just connect the pos and neg to a batt? or is something else that needs to be done? Like with the 7 small wires coming out the ballast?

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, the +/- to the batt and then activate the switch should fire the ballast/hid bulb, the other wires are for the charging and LEDs on top, as well as dimming modes on the models equipped w/that option. i still have mine somewhere if i need to pull it apart to make sure.

Blueknight

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate the reply but there is no longer a switch. It's the bulb and ballast only,the body has been thrown away. I took the +/- wires and put them directly on the car batt and nothing happened. It was working the last time I used the light but it sat for a long time (2+ years).

Blueknight

Newly Enlightened
So basically it's a waste since there is no longer a body for the light and ballast.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not off the top of my head, I tried looking up some of the old threads to see if I could find a snapshot of an open but functioning light but most of the photos were "Photobucketed" so are now useless :(
I'll see if I can easily find mine and take it apart and let you know what's what, may take me a day or 2.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so, the main trigger switch connects to the main control board which then connects to the ballast. I don't have the time/patience to trace everything out in order to hack that ballast, I'm sorry.
Idk if anyone's done a breakdown of this light or not but you might be able to use one to figure out what wires would be needed to fire it up. I know there's some "overdrive" hacks out there, they may help as well.
GL if you decide to give it a try.

Blueknight

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate the comeback. I was going to try and make a bike headlight out of it but, I think it'll be easier just to buy a hid kit.