Nucleus Exotic Zircu-Ti Edition (World Smallest Flashlight)

Based on a swift decision, after the last release I decided to try and make something extra special for the 1 year anniversary of the original release. Yes, it has been a year since these lights were first sold here on CPF. I'd like to say, that it has been a great run for this light, what it lacks in size and output, it makes up in uniqueness. I appreciate the tremendous support from many guys and girls from here, that has showed interest, purchased this light and had a few nice words to say about it. After this batch, this design will retire, and I'm moving up in size. I have 10180 size prototype that you have seen, and 10440 that you haven't yet. I even have one, that will support 10440, 14500, and 18650 with exchangeable heads. More about these in the upcoming months. Now lets get back to this light! If I'm not mistaken, this is the very first flashlight, made if Zircu-Ti material. It is a forged mix of Zirconium and 2 different grades of Titanium. Working with this material was probably the most difficult out of all the different versions. When machining different materials with different hardness within the same bar, it's very difficult to hold high tolerances, so it's been a bit of a process, to get it done just right. I believe, this is the most unique and attractive material I've had the chance to work with, and even though it is a high stress operation working expensive materials, I will try and carry on the practice of making small batches of exotic lights of future designs as well. By now, most of you are familiar with the specification of this flashlight, the only difference between other versions and this one, is the LED emitter, which is a Nichia 219C 4000K version. You can see the specs of this light HERE
Like the previous Mokuti version, I'll be able to do 2 different color variations, based on your preference. One other interesting piece you'll see on the picture, is a full acrylic version that was made for fun, and ironically it was nearly as difficult to machine as the Zircu-Ti version. You can see higher resolution images of these lights on my Flickr HERE.
Those who reached out and messaged me in the past about future exotic release for this light, had a chance, to pre-purchase this light. There was 16 pcs. made total, there will be 8pcs. availablefor purchase half on them here, with the other half available on FF Facebook Forum. Feel free to message me with any questions, you might have.

Release date: 8/11/2017 (tomorrow) around 5-6pm PST.

36445027756_48dd9963e9_b.jpg

36445026886_76daaeca8e_b.jpg

36445026656_886ba0d720_b.jpg

36094252680_d69e9b2c37_b.jpg

36445026256_5e092a77c3_b.jpg

36445027416_72bb55d0eb_b.jpg

36323002932_97262b570d_b.jpg

36094251000_83f0a1ac71_b.jpg

36445026466_dca98a760b_b.jpg

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Wow. Both finishes are beautiful but I really like the bluish and purplish one.

phosphor22

Enlightened
Beautiful work! This light looks like a gem indeed in these (always fabulous) photos.

Last edited:

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are on fire George!!

Can't wait for how this will come out -- "I even have one, that will support 10440, 14500, and 18650 with exchangeable heads."

Exquisite gems! :)

Thanks Daniel:)

Wow. Both finishes are beautiful but I really like the bluish and purplish one.

Apparently the purpleish/ silverish is the more popular. I personally prefer the gold/blue version. There is only one was sold of the gold/blue by a person, who purchased both, and this time it wasn't you Steve:)

Beautiful work! This light looks like a gem indeed in these (always fabulous) photos.

Thank You!:)

You are on fire George!!

Can't wait for how this will come out -- "I even have one, that will support 10440, 14500, and 18650 with exchangeable heads."

Thank you, I can't wait to introduce this multi head/battery tube beast, I plan a much different presentation for it, as it could be my most elaborate work....:)

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I'll take a gold-blue one too if they're still available. I also sent you a PM.

Last edited:

kiely23+

Enlightened
If you find a way to connect the pill to the last battery on the acrylic one please pm me! ;-)

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, it's still in the works, and others as well:) I will try to get more progress done in the next 2 months.

I am excited for this. You have impressive designs.
I like that you make twistys; they are reliable and offer the smallest package for battery type.
I also like your use of moderate levels that remove the issues of overheating.
Adding your design aesthetics to an 18650 package sounds like a perfect match!

easilyled

Flashaholic
I like that you make twistys; they are reliable and offer the smallest package for battery type.

+1.

George7806's creations offer me some sparkle in what appears to be a rather barren time on CPF in respect of creative, custom flashlight makers. Having started my CPF voyage when McGizmo, TranquillityBase, Mirage_Man (to mention a few) were in their heyday, George7806 is like a beacon of light (pardon the pun) in a dark wasteland. :)

I appreciate the kind words, and your feedback as well. I do love twisties, and I will try and have it as an option for lights, that otherwise come with clickies. I have a few protos in the works, hopefully the differences in design will be attractive to most:)

Thank you, you've been here for a very long time, so your praising words are more than appreciated. I'll try to stay, and create interesting pieces, for many years to come!
+1.

George7806's creations offer me some sparkle in what appears to be a rather barren time on CPF in respect of creative, custom flashlight makers. Having started my CPF voyage when McGizmo, TranquillityBase, Mirage_Man (to mention a few) were in their heyday, George7806 is like a beacon of light (pardon the pun) in a dark wasteland. :)