Headlamp for close work

kmonroe

Newly Enlightened
Looking for floody headlamp for close work. Soft light preferred - this is for working on changing wound dressings which can mean finding tape edges, examining inside wounds, examining skin etc.

Rechargeable Li-on would be nice but not required.

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore NU20-CRI w/ diffuser film over the glass lens. uses high-CRI nichia LED. perfect for close up work

Keitho

Enlightened
I love my Zebralight H53Fc: high CRI, warm tint, floody. Colors look "real" with this kind of light to my eyes. It takes AA rechargeable or alkaline (alkaline is a good backup, but plan on rechargeable for best performance). It is a great (tiny) AA light by itself when I take it out of the headband--even comes with a pocket clip. I like the UI: hold down to start in moonlight, click from off to go to high, and program moonlight/med/high modes easily if you want. But, it is probably the most expensive AA option you'll consider--a high end purchase for sure. Best of luck!

steeps

Newly Enlightened
I just got my first Zebralight, H53c, which differs from the one mentioned above by its beam pattern.

I also just got a Manker E02H Nichia which you may want to consider as well.

Sabbs1

Newly Enlightened
Looking for floody headlamp for close work. Soft light preferred - this is for working on changing wound dressings which can mean finding tape edges, examining inside wounds, examining skin etc.

Rechargeable Li-on would be nice but not required.

surefine minimus is excellent and is completely adjustable from 0-100 lumps (newer version has I believe 5 brightness levels) body is aluminum and seems bomb proof. Since I purchased years ago have not bought another. Previously went through 1 headlamp per year it seemed. Hope this helps!

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Examining wounds and skin definitely sounds like an application where a high color rendering index (CRI) is worth having. Lights with a Nichia 219 emitter such as the previously mentioned Nitecore and Manker, or Zebralight H53C are options.

check your local hardware store. its a translucent film they stick on glass for frosted effect

I think it's the "sand" pattern of the DC Fix brand that is most popular around here.

I've just used Scotch tape myself so far - the translucent type, not the clear type.