Portable thrower comparison with lots of graphs

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here I have created a google spreadsheet which compares the throw of all the portable (battery powered and handheld) throwers which I have found out about through the years. It doesn't matter if they are stock or modded or what light source they have. It also includes many different graphs for comparing them. Each light is linked in the first sheet. Generally the light should throw farther than the current best stock led thrower, the Thrunite TN-42 which does around 700kcd (excluding speciality/short-arc HIDs and incans).
At the bottom the different tabs can be clicked on (one per graph) and there is a button to the left which opens a pop-up with a list of all the tabs.

I will gladly add any additional lights you might know if you can provide a link to a description and a throw measurement.

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for posting this comprehensive and valuable data. This is exactly what I have been looking for.

A_L_R_O_M

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for posting this comprehensive and valuable data. This is exactly what I have been looking for.
I just wanted to create my own short-arc beamshots and saw this thread.
Will read now :)

Last edited:

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, of course. The farther the distance you measure at, the better. It would be nice if you also determine the diameter of the large opening of the reflector of each light.

Last edited:

PolarLi

Enlightened
Thank you for posting! Appreciate all the work that went into that list :thumbsup:

I also see that I need to buy some batteries and a inverter for a certain beast :whistle:

A_L_R_O_M

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for posting! Appreciate all the work that went into that list :thumbsup:

I also see that I need to buy some batteries and a inverter for a certain beast :whistle:
Ohh, i love to see you!

mrsteel

Newly Enlightened
Here I have created a google spreadsheet which compares the throw of all the portable (battery powered and handheld) throwers which I have found out about through the years. It doesn't matter if they are stock or modded or what light source they have. It also includes many different graphs for comparing them. Each light is linked in the first sheet. Generally the light should throw farther than the current best stock led thrower, the Thrunite TN-42 which does around 700kcd.
At the bottom the different tabs can be clicked on (one per graph) and there is a butto to the left which opens a pop-up with a list of all the tabs.

I will gladly add any additional lights you might know if you can provide a link to a description and a throw measurement.

Another thrower would be the Streamlight HID Litebox, 1 million candela, 2000m throw.

http://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/h-i-d-litebox-standard-system

BVH

Flashaholic
Another thrower would be the Streamlight HID Litebox, 1 million candela, 2000m throw.

http://www.streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/h-i-d-litebox-standard-system

Not even close to the Gen3 Maxabeam at between 12,000,000 and 13,000,000 CP The litebox, iirc, is just a 35 watt HID. Not much more than a single automotive headlight and not even remotely a thrower like any Short Arc light. Maxabeam is the Throw-King of handhelds, hands-down. But you won't get a new one for $1,500. You'll need to UP your budget to probably at least $2,000, probably more.

hahoo

Enlightened
Not even close to the Gen3 Maxabeam at between 12,000,000 and 13,000,000 CP The litebox, iirc, is just a 35 watt HID. Not much more than a single automotive headlight and not even remotely a thrower like any Short Arc light. Maxabeam is the Throw-King of handhelds, hands-down. But you won't get a new one for $1,500. You'll need to UP your budget to probably at least $2,000, probably more.

yep, thats a maglite, compared to the maxabeam:shakehead:laughing:

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have added it, thanks.
One thing to note - it has a huge reflector (I estimate around 180mm diameter)!

Well this is a comparison of multiple lights. It shouldn't include just the Maxabeam.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Thanks for the list. My TK61vn V4 is ~775Kcd/1700 Lumens.

Justin tested the Prototype with those numbers below. The V4 has more lux than the prototype.

Fenix Tk61vn V1.9 prototype
Samsung 20r
1630@ turn on
1554@ 30 sec
920 high
531 mid
189 low
Throw - 741,000 lux

Capolini

Banned
I will soon get this:

Eagletac M25C2vnT - 550Kcd Rifle Spotter

Factory Link Click Here

• DriverVN4 Option
  • Oslon Black LED
  • Excellent throw for the size
  • ANSI Lumen: 750
  • Intensity: 550Kcd
  • Throw: 1483m

This can join also join the list IF multiple emitters qualify.

TK75_STATS.jpg

And this!

TN31mb_cert.jpg