FSM - (Flashaholics Swap Meet) - Sept. 23rd - in PA

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
FSM - (Flashaholics Swap Meet) Is an informal get together and swap meet for all Flashaholics!

WHEN: Saturday, September 23rd - From 10am until 10pm.

WHERE: Lakawanna State Park, in PA - at the Ledges campsites - see FCW-13 thread (link below) for more information.

This first official FSM is going to be held in conjunction with FCW-13, which is the 13th Flashaholics Camping Weekend that is happening at Lackawanna State Park from September 21st-24th. You can find a separate thread here on CPF about FCW-13 here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?435319-FCW-13-Camping-Flashlight-Get-Together!

Come and meet other Flashaholics, show off your lights, check out lights others have brought with them to show or sell.

If you are planning on attending please let me know by posting here in this thread. I've reserved extra space at our FCW camping location for FSM.

THINGS TO BRING: Your lights to sell / money to buy lights from others / a chair / a table if you need one to display your lights / something to eat or drink if you want.

Come to BUY, come to SELL, come to TRADE, come to CHECK OUT OTHER LIGHTS, come to SHOW OFF YOUR LIGHTS, come to JUST HANG OUT WITH FELLOW FLASHLIGHT ENTHUSIASTS!

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
This space is reserved for important updates:

1. Since FSM-1 is taking place at the same place and time that FCW-13 is, I realize that many of the people who are already confirmed to attend FCW-13 haven't bothered to chime in over on this thread, so I'm including a link to the FCW-13 thread here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?435319-FCW-13-Camping-Flashlight-Get-Together! check it out too!

2. DORCY is sending me some lights to give away! And Dorcy just bought Life&Gear, so we will have some of the new Life&Gear products to check out too!

3. Holy Crap!!! I just got a second large box of lights and other goodies from Dorcy! There is a bunch more Life&Gear stuff and a ton of Dorcy stuff. Everyone who comes will be leaving with multiple items!!!

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI - I'm planning on thinning out my extensive flashlight collection, and I will be bringing roughly 200 lights for sale/trade - various flashlights / headlamps/ lanterns / ranging from the 1950's to current day.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you who are longing for another PF event, this is basically an outdoor Photon Fest. If your not familiar with the PF events, you can search Photon Fest or PF here on CPF.

Since I have some free time at work today, I think I'll ramble about PF, FCW and FSM...

When I started the Photon Fest so many years ago along with Milkyspit, I never thought they would be such a huge hit. Milky was the first person I spoke with on CPF, and I was so excited to find someone else who lived near me that wanted to see my flashlights, and let me check out his as well. We had such a good time sharing our enthusiasm about out lights, that we knew we had to expand this beyond just the two of us, and so the Photon Fest was born! Needless to say the PF events were a huge hit, and the attendee list grew and grew, so much so that many times we were hitting the capacity limit of Milky's home.

Since the PF events were such a huge hit, I decided to create the FCW (Flashaholic Camping Weekend). The FCW events have been a smaller, but equally as successful series of get togethers, however it is evident that many people who attend the PF events don't like to camp overnight / don't have camping gear to do so / or simply can't dedicate a weekend away, and therefore they don't participate in FCW.

For a long time I have been thinking of ways to promote one day of the FCW as an outdoor version of a PF. I knew I needed one thing in my favor - good weather! That is always a chance, however what I have done is chosen a date that is not too hot and not too cool. The rest is easy... just like at a PF - come with your lights if you want, or just come and check out other peoples lights, and have a good time hanging out with people with similar interests.

To give FSM a bit of its own identity, I decided to promote it as a Swap Meet & Greet! We all have lights we want to buy, and most of us have lights we want to sell. What better way to accomplish this than get a bunch together in one place! Additionally, to give it a bit of a "jump start" I decided it would be a good idea to incorporate FSM into a day of FCW. This way I know there will already be about a dozen people at FSM, because they will already be at FCW! Now anyone who couldn't commit to the whole FCW weekend can still have a great day around a campfire checking out lights and talking to fellow Flashaholics, and stay well into the darkness of the evening and go flashlight testing crazy in the darkness!

I often hear that people wish the PF events took place more often. With changing life priorities and scheduling conflicts, the PF events have become less frequent. FSM is a new opportunity for Flashaholics to get together, get some fresh air, meet some fellow enthusiasts, and maybe sell or find a good deal on another light!

I hope to see you there --Tim (KartRacer31)

scout24

Flashaholic
Tim- I'll have to check the calendar. Not far from me, and it was good to meet everyone last time! I'd probably wind up going home with as much stuff as I show up with, but at least it would be different stuff!!! =)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tim- I'll have to check the calendar. Not far from me, and it was good to meet everyone last time! I'd probably wind up going home with as much stuff as I show up with, but at least it would be different stuff!!! =)

Hi - yes this should be pretty close to you! It was great meeting you last time, I hope you can make FSM, or come for the whole weekend at FCW-13! :grin2:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well this just about cinches the day that I'll be there! I've been thinking about getting rid of a few lights lately but I'll make them available at FSM-1 first! I've got Surefires, HDS, a few titanium lights and of course some e'ery day lights.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man I would love to do this, only two problems. So far away from Arkansas and its in outage season for me

Hi Blackbird13 - I wish you could make it! Good luck with your outage season. If you are ever in the NJ/PA area let us know!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well this just about cinches the day that I'll be there! I've been thinking about getting rid of a few lights lately but I'll make them available at FSM-1 first! I've got Surefires, HDS, a few titanium lights and of course some e'ery day lights.

Roger!! As always, looking forward to buying something from you. You always have cool stuff at great prices! :)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those of you who are not familiar with the PF and FCW events, DORCY has been a familiar face at past events - giving us lights and batteries, and often sharing prototype lights with us to get our feedback before putting them into production. I just spoke with my contact at DORCY, and they are going to be sinding us some lights for this event too! So for sure there will be some cool give aways! And worth noting, we will be getting some Life+Gear items too, because DORCY just bought Life+Gear. THANKS IN ADVANCE DORCY!!!

Stan671

Enlightened
Great idea, Tim. I miss the PF events and always love the FCW events. A combined PF/FSM/FCW is a home run!! I will certainly be there. I'll be bringing all of the lights I can find. Not sure what lights I might be selling, but I am usually good for a few purchases. LOL.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea, Tim. I miss the PF events and always love the FCW events. A combined PF/FSM/FCW is a home run!! I will certainly be there. I'll be bringing all of the lights I can find. Not sure what lights I might be selling, but I am usually good for a few purchases. LOL.
Hi Stan, That's great! I'm sure we will find something to buy from each other :)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
So as I mentioned in an earlier post, I plan on bringing roughly 200 lights for sale/trade. This is not an exaggeration, and I plan on letting them go to new homes cheap! :)

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Just wow. How many are you keeping?
Let's looks this like a math problem.
If Tim travels to FSM with 2 two storage bins of lights to sell getting 29 lumens per gallon how many new lights will he end up bringing back with him.
Ah well that turned into Flashaholic math where the answer doesn't matter as long as your happy with the new lights. Your wallets feelings don't matter.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Just wow. How many are you keeping?
I've never actually counted every last one all at one time, but I estimate the number to be about 6 or 7 hundred. I've been accumulating lights since as early as I can remember. I still have many lights I got as a kid. Christmas shopping was easy for my parents (or Santa) - flashlights please! Lol

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's looks this like a math problem.
If Tim travels to FSM with 2 two storage bins of lights to sell getting 29 lumens per gallon how many new lights will he end up bringing back with him.
Ah well that turned into Flashaholic math where the answer doesn't matter as long as your happy with the new lights. Your wallets feelings don't matter.

Lol Lol! And I agree :)