HDS modding

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Folks I m looking at having an HDS 200 rs1 Rotary modded with a nicer emitter with better color and throw while maintaining decent runtime. Any thoughts or advice appreciated... if it can t be done I ll leave the light as is and sell it.
Thanks

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks gunga... I m [emoji189] NH about it cause the current led is too cool for me so if I can find someone to do me a mod with an led that gives me comparable throw or more as a 250 plus a nicer tint I ll do it.
I know hds lights aren't meant to be throwers and this will affect runtime but I don't want to lose much in runtime. If it's better to leave it alone then I ll go with a good uv mod if anyone is willing.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
repacing the LED will nto affect runtime. it is not like the xenon lights. Power is regulated by the driver, so unless it is changed, consumption will remain the smae (usually) regardless of LED

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talk to member Tana here on CPF. He modded my 250 Rotary to 3000K HiCRI.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh swapped a rotary to a 4k XPL HI for me. It's my backup light and really gets as much use as my primary. He did a great job

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't use the light much with the factory emitter, I got it swapped ASAP as I couldn't stand the cool tint. I wouldn't do the swap if all you looking for is increased throw, I don't think it would be all that dramatic.