Help finding the perfect light for EDC

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
I EDC the Olight S1 Baton, the Eagletac D25c in holsters, Both Neutral White. I like the size of the D25C better than the S1 which I find a little small in the hand, but I like the interface and the mode memory of the S1 much better. I do not like the reverse clicky of the D25C. I also have the Zebralight SC600W MKlll Hi and the SC63w and like that interface. I own a Surefire E1B, Fenix PD22 and PD25 also 4 7s lights.

What I am looking for is a quality built single Cr123 the size of the D25C with a side switch and mode memory decent throw in NW. I am hooked on NW now. Are there other quality brand lights that meet these requirements that I should be looking for? The Zebra SC32 does not come in a NW.

Keitho

Enlightened
Too bad they discontinued the ZL SC32w. Maybe a WTB post could find you one?

HDS high CRI might be your most expensive option, but no side clicky.

The Emisar D4 is a flame thrower with a side clicky 18350 option, lots of emitter tint options, and mode memory, but not cr123.

Sorry, none of that was exactly what you wanted, but best of luck!

Keitho

Enlightened
Good idea on the olight. S-mini might be worth a look too (Ti version is NW, it seems)

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea on the olight. S-mini might be worth a look too (Ti version is NW, it seems)

I have the S Mini Ti rainbow NW and if the S1 is too small, the S Mini will be smaller, but it's a great light. I'm carrying mine this weekend and I have a D25C Ti. clicky that I love, as well.

Chris

thgilhsalf

Newly Enlightened
I would more prefer with usb rechargeable function rather than CR123 battery. Cooyoo Quantum SS (a quick review about Quantum SS) might be a good choice as EDC, small with USB rechargeable function, max output 130 lumens (0.5 hrs), and price is affordable at about 30 dollars.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would more prefer with usb rechargeable function rather than CR123 battery. Cooyoo Quantum SS (a quick review about Quantum SS) might be a good choice as EDC, small with USB rechargeable function, max output 130 lumens (0.5 hrs), and price is affordable at about 30 dollars.

I just lost a Cooyoo Quantum SS light that Ven sent me, which was attached to my house key, during hurricane IRMA. Must have fallen out of my pocket when I got a bigger Convoy M2 out.

It's a nice little jobbie that throws enough light for most close up tasks.

Good on a keychain, for sure.

Chris

Poppy

Flashaholic
Chris,
sorry about your loss of the cooyoo.
Ven sent me one also, and it replaced my DQG mini in SS on my keychain.
I hope you survived Irma without too much damage.

tompen41,
Another light that you might consider is in a different form factor.
[h=1]Manker T01 II Compact Thrower Flashlight 900lm CREE XP-L LED[/h]
[FONT=&quot]Size: 85mm(length) x 29mm(head diameter) x 20mm(tail diameter)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Weight: 1.94oz/55g(without battery)

AA/14500
It has a side switch, and should be large enough in hand to be comfortable, but not too big. It can be had with nichia 219s for your neutral tint.
I have their Quinlan U11, and it has gone missing, and I look for it each time I go camping.[/FONT]

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris,
sorry about your loss of the cooyoo.
Ven sent me one also, and it replaced my DQG mini in SS on my keychain.
I hope you survived Irma without too much damage.

Yeah, we all hate losing stuff, but it was a nice present that Ven sent me and that was the biggest issue for me, as I have a lot of lights here.

I keep a stupid free-be Battery Junction coin cell light on my EDC key chain and I wish I would have lost that, lol!

Life moves on.

Chris

Poppy

Flashaholic
Chris,
If you carry something as big as that coin cell light on your keychain, you might like the Manker Lad.
It is too big to replace the cooyoo, but far superior to that coin cell light, and not much bigger.