Xtar antMC1Plus or Liitokala LL-100. Help Please

marcosg

Newly Enlightened
Hello, Im trying to decide which single bay USB charger for 18650 batteries.
I read some reviews here but still not 100% sure. I came down with these two models however, there are other companies that has the same looking charger as the Liitokala (klarus and VariIcore U4).
I already have dual bays chargers, but i need one I can carry around.
Is the Xtar antMC Plus the most regarded one?

Thanks in advance

Keitho

Enlightened
Fenix has a couple of single bay chargers about the same size with extra features, if that matters to you. The ARE X1+ can charge both Li ion and NiMH. I prefer traveling with the ARE X1: it can't do NiMH, but it can use your 18650 to charge something else (phone, whatever).

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two Liitokala 100s and one Xtar MC1+ (non ANT) and they both do well.

The Lii 100 is a pure multi chem. charger and charges up just about anything we would use--3.6v/3.7v and 3.8v li-ion cells, up to at least 26650 in size. It also charges up NiMH batteries.

Both are USB, both have 500mA and 1A charging rates, the ANT and Lii 100 give you some indication of charge level, both are a tad high for the smaller 16340 and 10440 li-ion cells, but will work in a pinch.

The ANT is a bit lighter and thinner, which makes it easier to pack, but unless you're an ultra light backpacker, the diffs might be negligible for practical purposes.

You can probably buy two Lii 100s for the price of one ANT, so that bodes well. My two Lii 100s seem to over charge slightly, to about 4.230v, whereas my two Lii 202s both slightly undercharge to about 4.180v, even undercharging a bit on my 4.35v cells--4.32ish volts. My MC1+ charges to 4.20ish volts.

Chris

marcosg

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Chris and Keitho.
I ended up buying the Liitokala LL-100 and the Xtar SP1. About $13.00 for both and I liked them a lot.
Now I'm set for a single bay and easy to carry around chargers. :)

Those chargers will be used for the 18650 mainly. I know that the SP1 does not work with Eneloops but the Liitokala does.
My last question is how well does the Liitokalla work with Eneloops AA and AAA.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I have the Xtar MC1 plus and Ant MC1 plus. Really nice and inexpensive 1A/.5A chargers for lithium ion.

oSv

Newly Enlightened
My Liitokala Lii 100 overcharge batteries. MC1 ANT is good.