HDS 2700k High CRI interest thread

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is just an interest thread to see how many folks would like an HDS with a Nichia 219c 3000k.
the sm303 which can be found here.
This would be very incandescent, and might be considered "amber" by folks.

Henry agreed to do a group buy for this if we can get at least 24 takers.

You don't need to post any configuration. This is just to see who would be interested in an HDS with this particular emitter.

Last edited:

terjee

Enlightened
Any idea what max and min lumens would be?
Given the warmth of this, I'd imagine a lot of the buyers wanting low lows.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea what max and min lumens would be?
Given the warmth of this, I'd imagine a lot of the buyers wanting low lows.
The low should be 0.02 Lumens, that is really a low low IMO. The maximum should be ~200 lumens

Btw. Bergen, nice city, I was there in May when I started my Hurtigruten travel :)

terjee

Enlightened
I'm in!

The low should be 0.02 Lumens, that is really a low low IMO. The maximum should be ~200 lumens

Btw. Bergen, nice city, I was there in May when I started my Hurtigruten travel :)

0.02 to ~200 on an efficient warm high CRI rotary HDS is just too good to pass up.

Yeah, Bergen in good weather is awesome. Bergen in bad weather is still pretty decent. :)

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not go all the way and consider the sm273?

Kgp

Newly Enlightened
Please sign me up. I had to turn in my 3300k for wty issues and its being replaced by a 4000k which i was a little disappointed about.

Last edited:

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
303 is closer to the BBC and as such should be a better CRI. I don't think 300k will make any difference.

Looks like we already have 7.

A little closer to the BBL but if you're going that warm why not? The 273 is noticeably warmer. Both come in 9050 high CRI. I know a source for both LEDs in question.
My experience with LEDs this warm is that even high CRI ratings don't make for great CRI due to such a warm cast but they certainly can be pleasant to look at which these LEDs are unlike some of the terrible warm high CRI Cree LEDs.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I would love to know how this would compare tint-wise with my Malkoff M91w dropin. I don't use it much, but it's great when I do... :)

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little closer to the BBL but if you're going that warm why not? The 273 is noticeably warmer. Both come in 9050 high CRI. I know a source for both LEDs in question.
My experience with LEDs this warm is that even high CRI ratings don't make for great CRI due to such a warm cast but they certainly can be pleasant to look at which these LEDs are unlike some of the terrible warm high CRI Cree LEDs.

All very valid points. What say you all? 2700 or 3000?
Let the input begin!

terjee

Enlightened
All very valid points. What say you all? 2700 or 3000?
Let the input begin!

I'd prefer for 2700 for this light, but I'd be happy with 3000 as well. Not a strong opinion, more of a weak preference. I'm in either way.

Do you ever have nice weather in Bergen...;-)

Yes, we do! If memory serves me right, it was on a Wednesday this year! :)