• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D4vn - Smallest 18650 Quad Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This is an excellent light which I highly recommend especially for the stock $58 price. My modded version fills in a quad throw gap that has been missing for quite a while now. :)

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XP-G2 is only $40, so even better. Especially since XP-L HI isn't available in 4000K.

Looks like on the SkyLumen.com website "stock" is the xpl version that retails for $58.

The modded one with all the updates is the xpg2 pdt.

Both are available on the website. I bought the stock version a couple of weeks back and it is a favorite. Can only imagine a throwier version with great tint.

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened
Looks like on the SkyLumen.com website "stock" is the xpl version that retails for $58.

The modded one with all the updates is the xpg2 pdt.

Both are available on the website. I bought the stock version a couple of weeks back and it is a favorite. Can only imagine a throwier version with great tint.
You can get it in multiple configurations from MTN electronics or the site he listed above or straight from vinh. The 219c and xpg2 versions are 40, the xpl is 58.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put my D4vn XPG2 order in tonight. Ironically, I received the stock Nichia version today. This should make a fun pair of siblings!

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, how long from turn on until it starts throttling down? Just curious on your modded version vs the xpl-hi version

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, how long from turn on until it starts throttling down? Just curious on your modded version vs the xpl-hi version

There will likely be a XPL HI modded version also. Prices will be close to the XPG2 PDT version should it exist.

Right now the only D4vn version available for order is the XPG2 PDT version. If you order today I can get them out in about 1.5-2 weeks.

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened
Vinh did not change the driver, and the stock one throttles down very quickly.

here is a general idea of the runtime curves
Yeah I know he didn't change the driver, but he changed the emitters. I know the 219c version starts cutting back in 5-10 seconds. Was just curious if his handled heat any better using
His PDT emitters

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
My XPG2 D4vn is on its way to me. I also have the stock Nichia 219c version. I will compare the step-down between the two.

Any LED will get hot in thsi tiny light but 219c sure is hot in any application.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does throttle down fast but you can reprogram the curve to I higher setting. I have mine set to max heat and just throttle it down myself. I can keep mine running at about 1000 lumens with barely any drop in brightness now.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the instructions from TKs BLF review of the light to change thermal limit.

10+ fast clicks then press and hold: Thermal config mode, added in v2. Hold the button until it gets to the action you want:
Blinks out current temperature limit. Release button to exit with no changes, or keep holding to continue.
"Buzzes" for 2 seconds. Release button to set temperature limit to maximum, or keep holding to continue.
Light goes to turbo. Hold button until the light feels hot enough, then let go to set a new temperature limit.