Help with 12V Bipin Led choice.

nitebrite

Enlightened
In landscape lighting. I have these 2xLed pointing straight up 1.2W total. Bad heatsinking and keep blowing. I found a Bipin that has 14x.25W smd Led's. These fixtures, the glass is a mushroom shape. The entire cavity is a reflector. The lamps I have trouble with are 190LM. The second ones are 220LM. 1, I am not sure I will actually get as much light otf with the second ones? 2, with the second ones I do not know if they are likely to be more or less reliable which is all that really matters to me. The second ones almost have non existent heatsinking. As they are so low but with that many of them in such a small place I do not know. These are the capsule type used in almost all landscape lighting of high current. A Xenon is probably more reliable but obviously I would rather stick with Led. I am asking first because these are expensive. Thank you

nitebrite

Enlightened
I was incorrect. These are 25x.1W Led's. Of course no heatsink on these. These are garbage. Just like flashlights we would never get a showerhead but 1-4 high output. I would think the 2x100W Led is absolutely better but don't know why 18 out of 140 blew in less than 3 months. The price alone would indicate they are better than that .1W junk. Maybe I got a bad batch as I purchased 6 cases. You know they say 250lm on the .1W but I will bet the 2x100W is a much better capsule. I know no one answered this but it is pretty obvious and I should know this. High power Cree Vs. some .1W junk. I just hope no more blow. Since the store might think I am up to something at that point. Of course I am not. I have the receipt. I will say so far they have been very nice, no questions asked.

nitebrite

Enlightened
The Philips 2x1W last about 2 months here.. No heatsinking and boiling hot. I am going to try the 25x.1W capsules. Technically they should not be better but I have nothing to lose. At such low wattage they do not even need heatsinks. Run much cooler so I am betting on them. The difference with most high power Led's is they have extensive heatsinking.

Edited for mistakes. The 25x.1 are not as bright go figure. if they last they are fine.

Last edited: