MH27`s UI is superb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauno

Newly Enlightened
One of the greatest invention in flashlight history IMHO is + and - buttons in MH27. :thumbsup:

Almost every flashlight manufacturer has models with side button. There maybe shortcuts to lowest and max modes, but generally you have cycle through modes like 1-2-3-4-1-2..
I really dislike them because you can´t go previous mode without cycle through whole set. Just like changing car gears from 2 to 1 need to change 2->3->4->5->1... :thumbsdow

One button to operate every functions (like MH20) coming more and more complex. Keep it stupid simple!
Selector rings are good, but i still prefer MH27´s UI with preselected well separated modes instead of "infinite adjustment".

Few ideas for future models:
- camping lanterns with power button and +- buttons.
- Nitecore´s largers TM series has room enough for three buttons.
- EC4 model for example have already two buttons. Why there wouldn´t be +- funtion?
- Smaller personal type flashlight (with normal momentary-on tailcap switch) and if +- buttons won´t fit side by side, make them lenghtwise direction.

For MH27:
make it user configurable is it red or lowest white mode for - button shortcut. Or whatever user wants.

MH27`s has too many colours and/or flashing modes without real serious use. MH27 is thrower so replace colour leds with white flood led.
One more button under +- which operates independently flood light.

And/or make general/tactical modes. In general mode there are no red and blue fast strobe. Instead some slower green flashing modes for "civilian use".
And some multicolour slow flashing mode for "fun use". :)

Many Nitecore models has "standard" set of five modes, which i like: ultralow, turbo and three between them.
MH27 could have also five white modes. 1, 20, 100, 500 and 1000 lumens for example. Current set of 1, 55, 250 and 1000 lumens are good selection though: good separation between and great runtimes!

With +- platform, there is plenty of new options, instead of boring "cycle through all modes to get what you want" -flashlights. :D

New models with MH27`s UI coming up? If not, it will be saddest times for flashlight history ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.