USN Gathering

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Is anyone here going to Las Vegas for the USN Gathering over Labor Day?

I may go, however I'm so sick of Las Vegas and the Highrollerpoolpartynoclassbs! I hate these dreadful pool party's, and see the photos and look at the water in the pool, and think Ah, NO! Who would go in that filthy water, I would have to have a bottle of bleach that I keep pouring around myself.

And, on Labor Day of all weekends. I wish they would just move it somewhere else. However, it is a rather good knife show, and I have some of the early, very, very early rare Benchmade models, I want to sell so I may go. I bought them put them in the back of the safe in the nineties, and forgot all about them...brand new never used. Now all I want is my Hinderer knives, and some Spyderco knives.

Really, if you missed Vegas in the late 70's and early 80's you missed it. I usually drive up go to the knife show, boxing or whatever I'm there for, and drive right back home. Plus, I'm still upset that my wife got tossed out of Ceasar's Place while I was shooting the De La Hoya Vs. Ruelas fight in May of 1995, because they said her dress was way too short, too low cut, and her platforms were higher than high, and I just thought...what happend to this town? The old mob wise guys would have loved it.

I called today for some room prices and the room tax is off the charts, and I asked the girl on the phone, why so high? she told me it was the financing for that new that football stadium that is being paid for with high room occupancy taxes. No one I know in town even wants the team to come there. So they want tourists to pay for the stadium.

END Vegas rant. ###

So is any one form CPF going? The USN people are pretty nice, and the like the same things we do.

I am going. It will be my first time at the gathering. Looking forward to it. Bring some knives and torches to trade/sell as well. Not really sure how it works but we'll see..............

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's pretty easy.
Just head on over to the 2017 Gathering sub-forum.
Most of your questions have been posted and answered already, if not just post a new thread.
GL

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this doesn't pan out for you....... The NYCKS in Jersey City is Nov 10 -11 always a great show. Lot's of USN presence there. Also, if you wind up on the East Coast check out the FCW13 CPF camping trip/swap meet in Sept. Read the thread for info.