Which 18650 Zebralight would compare to the H53c?

steeps

Newly Enlightened
I just got my first Zebralight and I'm in love. I'd like to get the 18650 equivalent headlamp to my H53c. Will Zebralight be releasing an 18650 version anytime soon?

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
They haven't yet announced plans for an 18650-powered light with all the same features (mode groups, high-CRI XP-L2), but it seems like a good bet they eventually will. Based on how long the CR123A-powered lights have gone without an update, it seems most likely those would receive an update first.

In the meantime, the H600Fc MkIII is probably the closest equivalent, or there's the H600W MkIII if you want to trade off a bit in CRI for more output.

terjee

Enlightened
H600Fc MkIII is 90 degrees, while H600W is 12 degrees hot spot + 80 degrees spill.

Hard to generalize personal preferences, but given enough output, a lot would prefer floodier when it comes to a headlamp, making the H600Fc tempting to suggest above the H600W, if you're in doubt.

steeps

Newly Enlightened
Thank you. I plan on EDCing it in my pocket without the headband so I'd like to keep the same beam profile as the H53c. I guess I will see how long it takes Zebralight to release the new models.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO the warm (w) models hit a sweet spot between the greater lumens per watt and quality of light.
They don't have the higher CRI of the c models, but they show up the reds and browns outdoors better than the regular cooler white versions.
I have a couple high CRI Nichia lights, and side by side I prefer the Nichia, but the ZL warm is a very good compromise, a very useable, pleasant light.

My flashaholism took a sharp turn after getting my H600w, it simply took care of most of my needs, to the extent that the next ZL light that I bought was a spare, except I waited too long and had to get an H600Fw instead.
Both are fantastic lights, the H600Fw is the better dedicated headlamp due to the quality of the beam pattern, but the H600w is the better all around edc light due to having more throw.
You can order H type pocket clips from ZL and they fit the H600 models fine, I have no idea why they don't include them along with the head straps.
For permanence I have my clips reinforced with heat shrink tube. The clips would bend without coming off. Great edc pocket lights, great headlamps.
Tough, light, compact, with great power to weight and awesome range of lumens and runtimes.

I also have the pure flood version, it's great for a tool bag, outstanding for working at arms length or a little further, but the throw is so limited that it really isn't nearly as useful as the other two, I'd rather have a third H600w or H600Fw for the money.

Last edited: