Lost a Luter in Lisbon

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah. My angled triple. Beautiful light. My last custom. Really. I still have the extension for 18650 here as I type this. :sick2:

I was teaching for more than three weeks in Lisbon (Champalimaud) in July. It was a brutal schedule that you wouldn't believe. "Yeah, yeah...you're teaching. How hard could it be?"

The bus picked us up at the hotel at 9AM (breakfast buffet was amazing...but after 10 days?). We got to the institute at about 9:20, and the course began at 9:30. The bus picked us up at the institute at 10:45PM every night. Lunch and dinner served/catered by the cafeteria at the institute. Great kitchen for a cafeteria. But after 10 days?

We had two Saturdays "off" where everything was planned, busy, and far from rest or relaxation. One was a day at the beach with 20 students, complete with surf lessons, hours of frisbee, kites...it was amazing, but I was a sore train wreck on Sunday morning (yes, classes the full day also on Sundays, six days per week!), and several days after.

On the last day of this (surprise!) unpaid "vacation", I lost the light. I think it was on the bus, but the company never found anything. Wasn't found in the lab at the institute the next morning. I made my taxi first go there to look; realised at breakfast in the morning before the airport taxi arrived. I had to leave on Saturday morning, the end-of-course super party being Saturday night (long irrelevant story).

So I had a great time. It was intense, but I got to meet a load of people, etc. Networking was fantastic. First rate.

But I lost my Luter angled triple.

This was the FIRST light that I didn't put a note inside with my name, email address, and phone number. The irony of this is almost more painful than the loss itself.

I built a mismatched Aleph mule from parts I didn't remember having, and bought a new knife this week. I also sent some PM's today.

But man, do I hate it when I lose things.

obi

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lost a Luter in Lisbon
Filled with panic filled with dread filled with fright
The pocket was bare
Couldn't find it anywhere
Somehow now the world's not as bright

Hoping this limerick amused you, this loss of yours causes most all of us to twinge, but perhaps you can get an even more delightful illumination tool.