Magnetic charging

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
Anyone have any issues with shorting or anything with Olights magnetic charging system?

I know armytek have a system to stop such issues but I wasn't sure if olight had similar safety features? I'm likely to have mine in my pocket with keys and a penknife and don't like the idea unless it's safe.

Cheers

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the entire set of the Olight "R" family... When the very first group came out there were a couple issues and Olight replaced two lights for me for free... I have multiple copies of a few of the "R" group like the Ti i7R(it was a AAA keychain light but had the same recharging base as the others). I have used all of the lights with varying amounts of frequency, and am very pleased with their ease of use, dependability and, after the initial problems that were remedied under warranty, there has not been a single failure. I would also like to point out that most of these lights are kept fully charged at all times. Despite that, the original batteries are astonishingly long lasting despite a lot of cycles. In contrast, the cells in my Titanium S30 and standard S20 were replaced after 3 years. I have been very pleased with the group, but must also say the new S1r and new charger are also pretty cool and work excellent as well.