• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Klarus P1A

Blade1X

Newly Enlightened
Hello to all of you!

Just bought a new Klarus P1A. The light is amazing, a must have. Just to write my pros and cons here. Cons first because it'a great light.

Cons:

Klarus P1A is not so advanced like Nitecore MT1A or Thrunite Archer 1A V3. I'm talking only for a technology that is built in, like strobe and more amount light modes. Three modes would be even better to have, but that's just a small detail.

Pros:

Superb illumination powered by a single AA battery!
Range of 100m for such a small pocket/EDC light. In a range of 50-70m you can see pretty much everything and very well illuminated. The beam range is uttermost in class on a single AA. 11 LM is enough for most close stuff, walking inside, reading etc... 150LM max mode is enough for most close up cases outdoors. OP reflector is great and made very clean. Light combination of spill and* throw is probably best ever made by Klarus... at least for me. One thing i have noticed is when the battery is low... of course you see it by brightness drop down, and also brightness modes by twisting the head stops working, it stays on one level only. Very good feature also. Build quality is extreme and though. Pocket clip is strong. The light is very handy. Size small, you can put it anywhere.

Conclusion:

Klarus P1A and all of the other single AA flashlights are way much better to have than 2xAA. They are obviously smaller and more handy. Second thing is... 2AA-s are not much more powerful than a single AA and they are too big for such a low amount of light they put out. Klarus did a very good job on P series. This Klarus P1A is worh buying.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the review. I like the easy to switch high/low. I can hand this light to someone and don't have to explain a confusing click sequence.