Emisar D1S thrower!

Nichia!

Banned
It seems there is a new member to add to the (Emisar) family this one is the thrower version. It called the D1S and it can puts out 110kcd.
ac841a208d62398a4e784b0681105207.jpg

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang. Going to see what Vinh does with it before I pick one up now that I know he is modding the Emisars. :twothumbs

Agpp

Enlightened
In a later post, Andrew Wang updated the output to 120 kcd.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume Vinh will put an XPG2 PDT inside for even more throw.

Doubt he could do much more since the Emisar lights already have an excellent FET driver and very low resistance springs.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats not all Hank is making.

Quote from Hank:

"Yes, D1 and D4 tubes are interchangeable, meaning D1 can also use the 18350 tube to become a tiny thrower.

D1 around 40Kcd, 1*XP-L HI, ultra small body, slightly bigger than D4 as it can be seen above, true all arounder for size and throw

D4 around 120Kcd,1*XP-L HI, excellent throw, small body

D7 is using 7*LED and 3*18650 Same UI on all D series from Emisar"

Last edited:

Agpp

Enlightened
I assume Vinh will put an XPG2 PDT inside for even more throw.

Doubt he could do much more since the Emisar lights already have an excellent FET driver and very low resistance springs.
DBCustom@BLF gained 150 lm on D4 by replacing FET and wires. So there is some room for improvement.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
DBCustom@BLF gained 150 lm on D4 by replacing FET and wires. So there is some room for improvement.

Most wouldn't consider a 150 lumen gain over already 3000+ lumens a good enough improvement to make or pay more money for. The man does have a lot of fans though, so I could be wrong.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most wouldn't consider a 150 lumen gain over already 3000+ lumens a good enough improvement to make or pay more money for. The man does have a lot of fans though, so I could be wrong.

True!

Pre-order at mountain electronics.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's not about making it commercially viable like what Vinh does but rather about pushing the light to its limit.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
True!

Pre-order at mountain electronics.

The D1S isn't for pre-order at Mountain Electronics just yet. The one for pre-order is the D1, which is the D1S little brother.

The D1S has a bit larger head/reflector. But, with these prices and the great UI we may as well collect them all. :poke:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't he also bore out his battery tube and replace the 18650 with a 21700? Or was that someone else?

torchsarecool

Enlightened
And i thought the d4 was cool...What an awesome looking light. With all the lights Hank is bringing out, I may have to re-shuffle some current lights to make space (in my bank account) i think i need a compact thrower in my life

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The D1S isn't for pre-order at Mountain Electronics just yet. The one for pre-order is the D1, which is the D1S little brother.

The D1S has a bit larger head/reflector. But, with these prices and the great UI we may as well collect them all. :poke:

Oh, that is the difference. Sorry, missed that, correct, it is the D1 and not the D1S that is for pre-order.

Agpp

Enlightened

150 lumens here, 150 there, ... it's good to know the limits. I'm happy to know that if I replace the driver with Texas Avenger or LD4 I will gain not only efficiency, but output too.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a Manker U21 with an 18650 tube instead. I rather have the Manker.

Agpp

Enlightened
I got Utorch UT02, which is the same as Manker U21. Lost it, don't ask. Overall it was nice. Fair UI (not nearly as good as D4, but not bad either). Battery choice was better than that of D1s, but 3x18650 would be even better, With this head size, why not? But the LED was severely underdriven. 1300 lm? UT02 could nearly double output (and beam intensity) without much problem.
I just bought HeikeLite MT02. It is smaller than UT02, has double battery capacity throws the same. But it uses domed emitter, which makes no sense really. So it could be much throwier as well......
I really need to learn soldering, so I can replace it with HI. Or just dedome it.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got Utorch UT02, which is the same as Manker U21. Lost it, don't ask. Overall it was nice. Fair UI (not nearly as good as D4, but not bad either). Battery choice was better than that of D1s, but 3x18650 would be even better, With this head size, why not? But the LED was severely underdriven. 1300 lm? UT02 could nearly double output (and beam intensity) without much problem.
I just bought HeikeLite MT02. It is smaller than UT02, has double battery capacity throws the same. But it uses domed emitter, which makes no sense really. So it could be much throwier as well......
I really need to learn soldering, so I can replace it with HI. Or just dedome it.

Hmm, is the head of the MT02 the same as the UT02? It looks smaller and theoretically would throw less than the UT02. :)