Surefire Outdoorsman to LED

BAB

Newly Enlightened
I have an older 2xCr123A Surefire Outdoorsman and I would like to upgrade it to an LED. I would like to either keep the same head or get a green head to match the original anodize. As an absolute last resort I might go with a different color head. I would also consider upgrading to a rechargable too. Thanks for your help.

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens factory and Tana both make them. Tana is a custom builder here on CPF and has a thread in the WTS custom and modified light section.

mbw_151

Enlightened
If you are willing to use a black head, there are several Malkoff Devices heads both E2 style and MDC with different color temps and beam patterns. You can also use a VME head and M61 series drop in from Malkoff. Lots of options, but all black Type 3 anodized.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get one of the lx2's being blown out at galls for it. Could sell the body and tailcap, for something, if you're attached to your outdoorsman body & switch.

My first choice was one of those malkoff supers too, but just picked up a kx2c on the cpfm for my outdoorsman instead. Black too, but I don't care too much about ano matching anymore. Head, body & tailcap are all different colors. Good luck.

edit- fyi there's actually a wtb for a lx2 tailcap right now, someone is looking for

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first choice was one of those malkoff supers too, but just picked up a kx2c on the cpfm for my outdoorsman instead. Black too, but I don't care too much about ano matching anymore. Head, body & tailcap are all different colors. Good luck.

The outdoorsman configuration I ended up with, until sf releases the production version of the yaeger/tactician e-head sticking with the kx2c/outdoorsman/O.R. ti clicky. THat yaeger though, wow would be the ultimate set up for me if/when it happens. Twist head for high low, my ideal spacing 800/8l, Hope it happens.

View attachment 6277https://i.imgur.com/3cHoxju.jpg
Meticulously mismatched ano/colors

Last edited: