Best 1x14500 Thrower?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Among these two:

1. BLF X5/Astrolux S3
2. Manker T01 II

which is the better thrower?

or is there something out there better than both stock?

Fresh Light

Enlightened
I have both,the copper version of the BLF light and the first version of the T01. The Manker will run on a NiMH, alkaline, or IMR. Both lights have amazing throw and crazy output for such tiny lights. The Manker is the thrower of the two. But the x5 still gives good throw and more output.
The big difference for me was the Manker was available in CW and the BLF is a NW. To my eyes NW just works better. Getting a quality IMR is really important as well.

STO

Newly Enlightened
The X5/S3/SC can be pretty good although I've noticed the build quality varies quite a bit, the X5s seem to have the best and newer SCs are pretty bad. I guess I never tested the stock lights throw but I can normally get 80-90kcd from a modded one.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the advise guys! Are there other note-worthy lights of similar throw/performance or are these it?

I remember the Javelot of Deerelight, but I believe that has been discontinued.

mickb

Enlightened
Interesting whats the battery life like for these folks? And the interface? I am thinking of putting one on a low recoiling weapon. I don't need momentary or a remote tail switch but quick on/off with memory to high would be good.