Jaxman E2 L: One good light (3 * CREE XPG2 S4 LED)

MarkusFlash

Newly Enlightened
After my Nitecore Concept 1 failed me I needed something different: Solid, simple, powerful but not pushing it beyond what a compact light can take. I found the Jaxman E2 L: 3x high powered emitters (I took the warm white option) drawing 2.1 A at max, putting out 900 lumens of floody light through good quality optics. Simple UI, no extra bells and whistles, excellent build quality and 100% water resistant. At a price point of about 30 USD I would not ask for much more except maybe mode memory. My Review and testing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5XxnF49LLs

The light does not have a lot of competition, maybe by Astrolux but I can't think of any other manufacturer. The light seems to be more a insider tip and Jaxman is not that well known anyways.

matt4350

Enlightened
Just got me one of these, thinking it's the ant's pants of cheap lights. I've used it a couple nights for running, the big spot and reverse clicky are just perfect for what I need. I'm almost surprised there hasn't been much talk about these, especially considering the popularity of similar size Convoy and BLF lights.

MarkusFlash

Newly Enlightened
Just got me one of these, thinking it's the ant's pants of cheap lights. I've used it a couple nights for running, the big spot and reverse clicky are just perfect for what I need. I'm almost surprised there hasn't been much talk about these, especially considering the popularity of similar size Convoy and BLF lights.

The Jaxman is not cheap at all. I use mine often, usually as a camera light source. It has been turned on for many hours under different conditions and I even had it run hot a few times (my wife uses it as a bathroom light in hotels with poor lighting and then forgets about it leaving it on max mode;-). My Jaxman is a workhorse and I love it.

Cosmodragoon

Newly Enlightened
Nice review.

I've also had good experiences with Jaxman. I have their M2 at 4300K and it's been excellent as a general purpose flashlight. Since retiring my ancient 2D Mag-Lite, this M2 has filled that venerable position on my gear shelf. I also have their E3 in filtered UV but that's really more for fun. I use both with Eneloop Pro and I'm pleased as punch.

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]Don't be scared to try their smooth reflector lights. Whoever is designing these reflectors is a genius, and it should be illegal for any light at this price point to have beams that clean.[/FONT]