Looking for a Lantern

ThatPhotoGuy

Newly Enlightened
Hey all! I'm looking for a small lantern similar to the Fenix CL20 but submersible. I don't really care about battery type, but it must have at least one <10 lumen mode, and preferably a moonlight mode as well. Max output doesn't matter either. I would like to keep it under $100 since anything more will be a tough sell for the wifey. Thanks in advance!

Keitho

Enlightened
Tip I picked up here on cpf: strap your headlamp to a clear water bottle, light shining in towards the water, makes a great tent lantern. Another one from CPF: nitecore makes diffuser attachments that fit on any 25mm or 40mm flashlight that most people seem to like. Others use diffuser film, or just semi-clear tape, as a diffuser.

Then, your possibilities are really wide open, finding a flashlight or headlamp with the low lumen modes and waterproof rating you want. I like the many moonlight modes on my Zebralights. I feel safe with my Zebralight flashlights and headlamps at least up to bathtub depth; any more than that, or if I were going to be pressing buttons repeatedly under water, and I would get a dedicated dive light. But, there are many, many more possibilities that meet your criteria.

ThatPhotoGuy

Newly Enlightened
Those are pretty good ideas Keitho, but since this light isn't for me then simplicity is key. If I can't come up with anything else I'll look into rigging something.

Latest posts