5a97c162e5679f9f5daf279098569dab.jpg
2edd12efcf1a705a956a2449539ee4ea.jpg
9d52efec0ab3cdaf04dc560fed617270.jpg
e2a691fb01a947b8b2fdd346dd5ab2fb.jpg
19622d27d68ac0a9d18caaed67e09277.jpg

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Now we want the Titanium & the Copper Versions of AAA Tool in AA Flavor!
And please make sure to do 4 things Correctly this time:-

1. Better Conductivity for the Ti version and maybe this time no batteries inside the E switch.

2. Square threads (Very important).

3. Nichia 219b Option.

4. Better Run times.

5. PWM Free please.

Last edited:

phosphor22

Enlightened
Now we want the Titanium & the Copper Versions of AAA Tool in AA Flavor!
And you to make sure to do 4 things Correctly this time:-

1. Better Conductivity for the Ti version and maybe this time no batteries inside the E switch.

2. Square threads (Very important).

3. Nichia 219b Option.

4. Better Run times.

yes... and hopefully L-M-H + current controlled... moonlight 1 lumen...
and copper soon...

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
the most recent AA light made by Lumintop for Maratac has a Nichia, but also bad PWM, LMH modes, and the low is 5 or 12 lumens depending which specs sheet you find.

Maratac AA is available in Titanium still, but I don't recommend Ti Twisties due to gritty threads..

there is no 1 lumen mode option on a Lumintop AA that I know of, and none w LMH sequence

I would want to know if the AA Tool has the same driver they put in the maratac AA, so I can avoid it

The AAA Tools w electronic switch do not have a battery in them, it is a capacitor

the conductivity of Titanium cannot be improved

there is an LMH version of the AAA TiTool on massdrop atm (happens to be a blue color I don't care for). They do use Constant Current, but the high mode does not have flat regulation and is less efficient than the AAA Copper Maratac w Nichia currently available (personal favorite).

The lowest modes in AAA Tools w Nichia are 3 lumens, again no 1 lumen option.. (since the ReyLight copper Tool is NLA)

Last edited:

rjking

Enlightened
Specification:
Product name: LUMINTOP Tool AA 550LM Portable Magnet LED Flashlight
Brand: LUMINTOP
Model: Tool AA
Emitter Type: XP-L HD
Material: Made of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy
Mode: High,Mid,Low (14500)
Lumens: 550LM,95LM,8LM (14500)
Runtime: 45min,4h,28h30min (14500)
Working Voltage: 0.8-4.2V
Battery Configurations: 1 x AA /14500 Li-ion battery (not included)
Switch Type: Clicky or Twisty
Switch Location: Head or tail cap
Max Output: 550lumens (14500)
Peak Beam Intensity: 2230cd
Impact Resistant: 1meter
Range: 95meters
Waterproof: IPX-8 (underwater 2m)
Color: Black
Weight: 25g excluded the battery
Size: 90.6*18.5mm (length x head diameter)
79.5*18.5mm (length x head diameter) with magnet tail cap

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they use the e-switch, they need to have the "battery" and a criut in the switch. Unless they use a different driver that is designed from the ground up for e-switches. If you put a regular e-switch (that only gives impulses when pressed) on a regular driver designed for twisty or mechanical switches. You get momentary mode only, and nothing else. It's the only way to work around the problem if you use a driver designed twisty mecanical switches. The popular custom, tritted e-switch for the sunwayman v10-r ti uses the same design.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they use the e-switch, they need to have the "battery" and a criut in the switch. Unless they use a different driver that is designed from the ground up for e-switches. If you put a regular e-switch (that only gives impulses when pressed) on a regular driver designed for twisty or mechanical switches. You get momentary mode only, and nothing else. It's the only way to work around the problem if you use a driver designed twisty mecanical switches. The popular custom, tritted e-switch for the sunwayman v10-r ti uses the same design.

The e-switch is a self-contained MOSFET switch with its own super-cap power source. Lumintop patented it awhile ago and has been using it on all their lights. It is indeed a 'drop-in' replacement for any mechanical clicky and there is no signal path from the head to the tail.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
The e-switch is a self-contained MOSFET switch with its own super-cap power source. Lumintop patented it awhile ago and has been using it on all their lights. It is indeed a 'drop-in' replacement for any mechanical clicky and there is no signal path from the head to the tail.

What is the benefit?

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
As popular as the AAA Tool seems to be, I'm surprised it has taken Lumintop this long to get around to a AA version.

The spec's RJKing posted don't include output numbers for AA batteries. I really hope it's not like the Prince Mini - 12-72-120 makes that beautiful light rather unappealing to me. Somewhere in the rough ballpark of 3-30-150 on AA's would be great, in my opinion - I don't need firefly on all my lights, and I have something else potentially in mind for this model:

A simple 3-mode, rear clicky, AA light that doesn't cost much more than a Maglite Mini or Coast, but is better regulated is a category I'd like to have a model ready in mind to recommend to non-flashaholics or give as gifts. The Fenix E12 looks ok, but the mode spacing on that one also isn't great, and I've heard mixed opinions on the beam pattern. The Thrunite T10 is a light I'd be happy to use if that's what my budget limited me to, but non-flashaholics seldom seem to appreciate firefly modes.

The Tool AA looks very promising for this category, especially if they offer a high CRI version.

Far off, indeed. The resulting effect on the beam pattern would be impossible to overlook.

I suspect the beam effect would be much more subtle than you'd expect. I'm pretty sure a couple of my lights are similarly far off, and I never notice an out-of-shape beam.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the benefit?
It is their way of using a momentary switch in the tailcape while the driver is in the head of the flashlight. Seems nice to have an AA option, I'm using my Tool AAA Ti daily and I'm very satisfied with it.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been EDCing a tool AAA for over a year now but it's a Vinh modded version. The reality is I don't take advantage of all the mode combinations the driver vn permits, but I do have it set to my perfect UI which is two-mode, starts on low, no memory. I could even handle 3 mode no memory if it started on low but I just don't think I could handle starting on medium. Didn't they make a stock AAA version that started on low? Was it only available in Ti?

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been EDCing a tool AAA for over a year now but it's a Vinh modded version. The reality is I don't take advantage of all the mode combinations the driver vn permits, but I do have it set to my perfect UI which is two-mode, starts on low, no memory. I could even handle 3 mode no memory if it started on low but I just don't think I could handle starting on medium. Didn't they make a stock AAA version that started on low? Was it only available in Ti?
It is the Reylight special version that had LMH

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is the Reylight special version that had LMH
I believe County Com has a rebadged Tool that is LMH as well. Massdrop had one, but I think it was a Reylight.