I want my Winelight to run an LED

geegee

Newly Enlightened
I have a Surefire Winelight that has been stored for years and never used. I'd like to have an LED installed in the light but don't have the skills or the time to do it myself. Can one of you recommend someone who converts older incan Surefires to LEDs? Getting this done right is worth paying for, since I'll never have another of these.

TIA

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Tad Customs makes a bi pin mod that allows the use of their bi pin bulbs in E series Surefires. I have their set up for my Surefire A2, a different format than the E series.

Bill

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was also going to suggest taking a look at Tad Customs (http://tadcustoms.com/), you can pick a 80 or 140 lumen bulb and they cost only $2. And a 2500 mAh Keeppower will fit the E2E which will give you long runtimes (the 80 lumen draws 1.2A, so in theory you could get almost 2 hours runtime). Of course it's not the brightest setup but it's a nice warm light and it's bright enough for most tasks (I have a few lights but I usually take the E2e). This doesn't require any modification to your light.