• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam K30vn - Smallest 3*18650

wolfstyle

Enlightened
I see the recommended batteries are protected. Should unprotected batteries not be used in this light?

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a cool little light. Wish it had a vnx2 driver though. Can turbo be turned on with a single click with factory ui?

edit: nm I found the manual. Turbo and max turbo needs double click. Now I really need and want vnx2

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Looks an awesome light, maybe a pocket K60vn

K30vn
Lumen 5700
Lux 58K

58K is actually quite good for the very compact 3*18650 size. 5700 Lumen is excellent as well. But no its not a compact K60vn. That is a large full size thrower with an excellent beam of any thrower I know of.

ven

Flashaholic
Agree, its one tough cookie to crack the k60vn................amazing beam.

That is a decent output 5700lm, should get a reasonable run time at 100% 

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The factory link has:

5200 Lumen[Max] and 35Kcd/374m/409yds.

Is any of that right?

:D

I cant compare my numbers to anyone as we all measure differently. But here is what I measured from a stock light:

Lumen 4500 Lumen
Lux 43K

This suggest I read lumen Low and lux high. But who cares. What matters is

The stock light went from 4500 - 5700 or 1300 Lumen gain, 43K lux to 58K lux or 13K Lux gain. You can convert those numbers to percentage too if that makes more sense as specific numbers are all just relative. At the end of the day what does the beam shot show? That is really what we see.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
I cant compare my numbers to anyone as we all measure differently. But here is what I measured from a stock light:

Lumen 4500 Lumen
Lux 43K

This suggest I read lumen Low and lux high. But who cares. What matters is

The stock light went from 4500 - 5700 or 1300 Lumen gain, 43K lux to 58K lux or 13K Lux gain. You can convert those numbers to percentage too if that makes more sense as specific numbers are all just relative. At the end of the day what does the beam shot show? That is really what we see.

Thanks,my bad. Using YOUR measurements of the stock light makes more sense for comparative reasons! :D

I have been rusty and out of the circuit for a few months!

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind the extra length (most likely due to the reflectors vs optics) and the stock UI verses programmable UI, is the MK34vn worth the extra $55 ($180 version)? I ask because the MK43vn is recommended on Skylumen but not the K30vn.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind the extra length (most likely due to the reflectors vs optics) and the stock UI verses programmable UI, is the MK34vn worth the extra $55 ($180 version)? I ask because the MK43vn is recommended on Skylumen but not the K30vn.

MK34vn is a wonderful light. Build quality is OK but the performace to size ration is ideal. I am also bias when a light has DriverVNX2. K30vn is a great light especially for the money. However I think I would have prefer the light with XHP50.2 instead...General purpose light just doesn't interest me as much. Perhaps Triple XHP50.2 would be fin hahaha