Best Replacement for My Olight SR90?

DeepCCoug

Newly Enlightened
The SR90 I have put out plenty of light, something I need badly as I live out in a very rural area. However, it was heavy, got hot quickly and now battery packs are hard to come by. I am thinking of acquiring another light that will be as good or better. I don't want to spend more than $400 or have less light output. Any suggestions you CPF experts might care to send my way would be very much appreciated!

ven

Flashaholic
You can certainly have a lot more light, problem is it wont run cooler. If 1750lm in that beast gets hot fast, 10,000+ in the x65 will get there faster. However i have found with the x65vn, it will run at 30% indefinite(maybe 3000-3500lm of a nice 5000k xhp 35 HI's.)

Another big light i like a lot is the rc40, this can handle heat great and will take 7000+lm in its stride on the rc40vn.

Both have built in packs though, if you want to get away from that and run cells...............maybe the tk75 is worth a look. This can use up to 3 run time kits (2 works best without looking too crazy).

Last edited:

arKmm

Enlightened
How much light did you actually need?

Consider the Malkoff Super Hound Dog if you could accept slightly lower lumen in return for greater build quality and reliability.
aternatively, the Streamlight Ultrastinger LED might be up your street if you want a no thrills option.