iPhone X is here;)

ven

Flashaholic
Well no doubt my next phone will be of a fruit flavour. In fact I think I have had apple pretty much from the start. Had a Samsung once and was not impressed......remember the pixon.....1st 8mp camera. Battery gave in within 6hrs, went back and apple it was.

Had the 6 plus and now 7 plus and really like them, it will be a plus but not sure what model. I know I won't pay crazy for stuff that is a novelty(no matter how cool at 1st).

kj2

Flashaholic
essz12.jpg

markr6

Flashaholic
The size increase from the 5 to the 6 was substantial, says my pockets. I assume the 8 is bigger than the 6? Any increase over the 6 is just too big for me. At that point, I'm gonna have to throw in the towel. Not sure what I'll do then.

towel.jpg

p.s. I just checked and surprisingly the 6 and 8 are pretty much the same size and weight (few grams, fraction of a mm). I'm in when the time comes :)

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
At that price i will happily take neither :)
I paid €800 for my Samsung S8. That hurt! before I'd the Nexus 6P, which was somewhere around €600.
No way, I would pay €650-700+ again for a phone. I wonder what Google will do with their new Pixel that will launch 4 Oct.

ven

Flashaholic
How many custom lights can we get out of it?

There has to be 2 or 3 nice customs in there......................

I do like a decent phone as it helps pass the time(tbh when it rings it annoys me :laughing: ) . So a larger screen like the 7 plus works well for me, surfing etc which passes time. Phone prices are crazy, more so in the last couple of years when you can get a nice laptop and 55" TV for the price of an X!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I just checked and surprisingly the 6 and 8 are pretty much the same size and weight (few grams, fraction of a mm). I'm in when the time comes :)

The X is the same size format as 6/8, 30+ grams weightier thanks to steel though.

I would prefer the X be the same size as the Pluses just for the battery; I didn't think I'd want to carry the larger format until I got used to the runtime and display..

markr6

Flashaholic
They got rid of that "perfect" 128GB size :(

I have that in the 6S and it's great. More than I need, but doesn't hurt to have some breathing room. 256GB I cannot justify.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Because it's down to Cloud people vs "I store everything on my phone" folk. Downloaded movies and songs make up nearly all my phone space, turns out 2,000+ photos is only ~3GB.

markr6

Flashaholic
5.95GB for 1105 photos on mine. I think they vary depending on certain aspects of the photo, HDR, etc. Even after some movies and music I'm still only half full, but that's on 128GB. 64GB won't do it for me.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always buy the one with smallest capacity. All the photos and video are backed up automatically with Google Photos - you can choose between full resolution (paid, 100 GB costs 2$/month, or 1 TB is 10$/month) or slightly compressed resolution (not really noticeable) which is for free and unlimited. I can access the pictures from anywhere and anytime. And I won't loose anything if I should loose my phone.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
1000-1500 dollars? That's a big NOPE!

I'm sure it's nice (I don't even like certain design aspects of it), but for that amount of money you can get so many other things AND a really nice smartphone. The value proposition here is not good in my opinion. If you have the money I guess you can get whatever you want though.

I guess these days a big smartphone can basically act as a full computer (sort of) for certain people if you supplement it with things like a Bluetooth keyboard and what not. But even that is for very light work. I don't know though. Even then what you're actually getting for 1000 dollars (or way more) seems a bit shallow. You can get a really powerful unlocked Android smartphone these days for 200-250 bucks. Oh and it's Apple so you can't even put a big supplementary micro SD card in it because... Apple.

This Iphone is shiny though so there's that!

Last edited: