Klarus Mi1C: Olight Smini competitor

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somehow, Klarus slipped this in using the high art of stealth marketing :) http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...s-Smallest-Side-Switch-EDC-Flashlight-Release!!!

Essentially, same size as the Smini, with side switch, 600 lumens (beating Smini by ~10%), looks like pure flood, with tailcap magnet, battery indicator, lock function, aluminum body, and comes with a 16340 that can be charged directly via a micro-usb connector built right into the battery. Instant access to low, plus mode memory -- no indication as to whether there's instant access to turbo.

Neither Olight nor Klarus seem to be at the top of the heap as far as quality, so not sure what the comparison will be there.

Looking forward to a review, if someone gets one!

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm into pocket rockets lately so this light looks quite interesting to me. I think the lens shortened the length to some degree compared to using a reflector. But I think I will wait for some beamshots first before pulling the trigger.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm into pocket rockets lately so this light looks quite interesting to me. I think the lens shortened the length to some degree compared to using a reflector. But I think I will wait for some beamshots first before pulling the trigger.

The literature makes it sound like all-flood, or at least mostly flood... that would make it uninteresting to me, I don't necessarily need a thrower (relative to the size, I mean, obviously a light this size won't throw great), but do want a hotspot. The literature says 400 cd, which does sound like mostly flood. The specs I could find on the Smini said 3000 cd, or nearly 8 times the candela vs the Klarus, although I'm not 100% sure I trust that Smini number

Last edited:

tedthebrit

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone (maybe a beta tester) have actual beamshots yet? Or any inside knowledge as to whether it will later be available in a more neutral tint? It sounds like it's a real competitor to the Smini- fractionally shorter, lighter than even Olight Ti version, powerful, and a good UI. (Magnetic base also differentiates if from Smini, but that may be a personal pro or con!)

tedthebrit

Newly Enlightened
Joe- I took my Smini camping last weekend, and for round-the-campsite use clipped to a baseball cap came to the conclusion that it wouldn't hurt if it was more floody, as my head doesn't steer to precisely match my eyeballs. I figure a floody headlamp with a throwy handheld when needed for distance covers the bases best. I suspect the new Klarus may be just the ticket.

Latest posts